Easy Question 4 U - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Easy Question 4 U

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperCyber Sale on RUBICON EXPRESS - Short Arms, Long Arms, Tra

Unread 06-14-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
sdlemaster

Easy Question 4 U

My friend has a 2000 WJ and is looking to put some 2" coil spacers on to give a little more room for his new 31's. Is all he needs to do is put the spacers on? Does he need shocks or does anything else have to be done? Also is $120 shipped on ebay a good deal for set of spacers and bumpstops?

Unread 06-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
Two Hawks
2001 WJ 

Do a search here. You might be able to find a set of BB with shocks for a good price. People here are always wanting more. BB are said to be a gateway drug ;-) If all he want is 2" BB for bigger tires for street use then you can get away without new shocks for now. If he plans on off-roading it then I would go four new shocks and bump stops..

Last edited by Two Hawks; 06-14-2007 at 11:32 AM..
Two Hawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
sdlemaster

the question was will my friend need shocks or anything else other than the coil spacers and the bumpstops. I thought it was an easy question.
Unread 06-14-2007, 11:34 AM   #4
jeepsterbabe

thats what I did...2" coil spacers with 31.7" terra trac M/T's works well. You will need to trim the front fenders a little bit though - dont go crazy with it...you will rub somewhat even after trimming. Unless you do what Blaine did with his and totally cut into your fenders which will allow you the space to eventually upgrade...I think he's got a 4" suspension lift and 33's though.
Unread 06-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #5
JayIV
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlemaster
the question was will my friend need shocks or anything else other than the coil spacers and the bumpstops. I thought it was an easy question.
Well your just a sarcastic little fella, aren't you?

Had you told us what he plans to be doing with it, our responses might have been more useful to you.

$120 is a good price for a new BB with bumpstops. Is it 2'' or 2.5''?

I disagree with the above post quite a bit, he will need new shocks. You could run with the stock shocks, but they are noisy, clunky, useless as shock absorbers, etc. He needs new shocks w/ it for sure.

Your sway links will be fine. Everything else should be just fine with only the BB.

How wide of a tire does he plan to run? If wider than around 10'' and on a stock wheel, he will either need 1'' or bigger wheel spacers, or new wheels w/ more BS.

Last edited by JayIV; 06-14-2007 at 03:10 PM..
JayIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 03:03 PM   #6
gomes512
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsurf75
Well your just a sarcastic little fella, aren't you?

Rofl
gomes512 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.