E3 Spark plugs in ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > E3 Spark plugs in ZJ

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 04-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
joshbrnx
1997 ZJ 

E3 Spark plugs in ZJ

Has anyone replaced your spark plugs for E3's? If so are they anygood? Will they help or hurt my stock L6 engine?

joshbrnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

just buy the 1$ stock copper plugs. e3's are a giant waste of money.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
joshbrnx
1997 ZJ 

thanks Rat Monkey, I was given 6 E's at an auto show I went too, and the guy was pretty persuasive about how well they work. He was sponsored by E3 though. lol
Unread 04-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

i melted a set in about 10k miles. electrode wear, not combustion temps.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
joshbrnx
1997 ZJ 

Damn, thats crazy. I just went to the parts store and got some champions, and I put the E3's up on ebay. I could use the cash to buy some temp sensors for the ZJ, I have been having a stalling issue after driving the car for a hr or so, it will just shake rattle and then die. I have changed a bunch of sensors, and and now I have the code that I have a MAP sensor issue. Im thinking of just investing in a complete rebuild on the engine, maybe stroke it. What are your thoughts?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.