DW or just plain worn out steering.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > DW or just plain worn out steering..

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
airwolf9090
1996 ZJ 

DW or just plain worn out steering..

What is the difference between DW and just worn out steering??? say like an old Chevy where you have to turn the wheel 180* before you get any movement in the wheels.......(Yea i drove a friends like that and let me tell you how i kept it out the ditch at even 25mph on a ruff clay road that was no wider than the truck is beyond me!) And like my ZJ that it takes an 1inch or 2 to get movement out the wheels going down the road.. Is DW like going down the road and the whole front end starts jumping and moving around like a FWD car with a bad CV-shaft? I am rather confused on this subject.... I think the only cars i have driven with as many if not aton more miles and not have steering problems would have to be fords!

Unread 07-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Worn out steering is when your driving and you turn the wheel and think " wow, this steering is worn out", DW is when your driving and the whole front of the jeep starts shaking violently like someone removed every single nut and bolt in your front end and its shaking itself apart, you think death is imminent until you slow way down, usually to around 25 - 30 mph.
Unread 07-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
airwolf9090
1996 ZJ 

Ok now i understand like how you get DW on a motorcycle. Use to have a dirtbike that would get DW and man did it hurt everytime.... So mainly my problem in worn out because i don't get no wobble just slight plan in the wheel.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.