Dual Exhaust???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Dual Exhaust????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 10-18-2004, 03:31 PM   #1
allholdem

Dual Exhaust????

I'm looking to replace my ZJ exhaust and I wanted to know if there is any dual exhuast systems.. I really like the look of the exhaust tips on both sides of the car, but have yet to find something made for a 94 ZJ.

allholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2004, 05:12 PM   #2
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

4x4 or 2x4?

Your best bet will probably be to run a single large pipe then split into two smaller pipes at the fuel tank.

HTH
Unread 10-18-2004, 05:54 PM   #3
allholdem

I have a 5.2 v8 4x4, any suggestions on a setup that comes ready to install like that.
allholdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2004, 06:08 PM   #4
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

None that I'm aware of..
You could contact Nick (kolak@aol.com) and get the 2.5 inch exhaust system, and have your local welding shop weld it up and manufacture a 'Y' at the gas tank to split the system and make the second exhaust tip.

HTH
Unread 10-18-2004, 09:58 PM   #5
Buddha_Kip
2000 WJ 

just run separate pipes from each bank and have them exit just before the rear tires...can use a crossover pipe if you'd like, but it really isn't necessary. This would be the cheapest route you could go.
2000 WJ Limited - 2.5" Rusty's springs ¤ WAAG 1-piece front brush guard ¤ custom built WAAG nerf bars ¤ PIAA 580 lighting ¤ Custom Paint ¤ One-off Aluminum Treadplate Door Entry Guards & Rear Bumper Step ¤
1986.5 Porsche 928S - 18" Moda MD1 ¤ Autothority Chips ¤ Rear Muffler Bypass ¤ Short-Shift Kit
Grease Monkey & HNIC @ Clasik Auto
Buddha_Kip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2004, 10:58 PM   #6
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

That won't work very well in a 4x4. You run into interference issues with the front drive shaft.
Also, a crossover pipe isn't necessary, but it's purpose is to help keep the back pressure balanced on both banks. Further, it's location directly affects the torque curve. It's been an awful lot of years since I messed with duals, but if I remember correctly, the closer the crossover tube is to the manifold the lower in the rpm range you feel the torque.
Unread 10-19-2004, 08:58 AM   #7
KingZeke

I have looked into this and none of the muffler shops I have talked to recommend this on a grand. About 80% told me that there was not enough room really to run a true dual exhaust and it would help the jeep perform any better.
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]IMCO Exhaust[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Almighty 2" BB Club Member # 38 [/COLOR]
KingZeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2004, 06:01 PM   #8
shookwell

Why would you want a dual exhaust? If it's a 5.2 it doesn't need more than 2.5" piping, better to spend your money on some headers and mandrel bent exhaust.

BTW - it can be done, it's just not easy. KRC's project jeep has a true dual 3" exhaust. But that jeep is running a 5.9 stroked to 408 with nitrous.
http://www.krcperformance.com/newcontent/Jeep.html
Unread 10-19-2004, 06:18 PM   #9
GreenCherokee85

I have true duel on my jeep but like wvd said it would interfere with the front driveshaft. The reason mine is fine is because i converted mine to rear wheel drive. It was prob a dumb move but i like the exhaust coming out from the sides of mine. It all up to you on wut you would like to do. Most likely if there is a custom exhaust shop around they could do it but ur prob better off getting a nice set of headers first.
GreenCherokee85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.