drum to disc conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > drum to disc conversion

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-11-2004, 10:56 AM   #1
900Steve

drum to disc conversion

anyone ever done or heard of this? granted most of the stopping power is already handled by the front discs, i just can't stand drum brakes!

-steve

900Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2004, 02:14 PM   #2
97RedBird
2009 MK Compass 

I can't remember the first year, but I know my 1996 GC laredo came with rear discs, and I believe all jeeps that year started to come standard with 4 wheel discs. You should be able to pick up new rotors and calipers at a auto store and get the rest at a auto salvage yard.

For everyone else to help you even more you may want to tell them what year of GC you have.
97RedBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2004, 07:13 PM   #3
Saleen4971

1994 limiteds started rear disc. 1995 and up, everythign had rear disc. i was interested in doing the swap as well. i woudl think youd only need the master cylinder, ABS pump and computer, rotor, caliper, proportioning valve, and mounts from a rear disc ZJ. anythign i missed?

Engine/Trans
- Full Kolak Exhaust (ML's FM70) - FIPK2 - APS 52mm TB - MSD Blaster SS - A3923's - Magnecor's - MP ECU - 180 robertshaw t-stat - Relocated IAT - E.H. M1 - B&M Trans Cooler

Susupension/Brakes
- Addco 1.25" Military front & 7/8" rear sways - Edelbrock IAS shocks - OME S.S - Stilens Front & Rear

Coming Soon :
Level10 Stage 3 46RE - WJ knuckle conversion
Saleen4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2004, 07:59 PM   #4
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

I did the disk swap on mine.. Found a 98 in the bone yard and pulled them off and they just bolted right to mine.. The only thing I had to change was the emergency brake cables..

Very simple...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.