drivers side PL wont lock w remote or switch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > drivers side PL wont lock w remote or switch

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 04-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
fsu421

drivers side PL wont lock w remote or switch

Hello,
I have a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD. When I hit lock on the remote, all the doors lock except the drivers side, same thing if I hit the switch inside. Every once in a while the drivers door will lock, but then when I hit unlock on the remote it wont unlock and I have to reach over from the passenger side to unlock it. Any ideas what I need to do to fix this?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Steve

fsu421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
Vestjam

2008 JK Wrangler 

Check the wires loom that runs in between the door and the fender (inside the rubber boot). Sometimes a wire(s) will break in there. Although, it usually happens to the driver side first...

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
4.0L/AW4, Yakima Roof Rack
Vestjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 06:10 AM   #3
darkfour
1998 ZJ 

If it makes a loud(ish) noise when you operate the locks then the door actuator is on it's way out. It's a non-serviceable part and replacement is the way to go. I had to do both actuators on the passenger side recently and picked up a couple of them used from ebay for $30 each. The install is pretty simple only it's a bit fiddly getting the clips off the control rods.
darkfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.