Drivers side door panel? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Drivers side door panel?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-09-2010, 01:08 AM   #1
CFrolander
2004 WJ 

Drivers side door panel?

I've run into an issue where unlocking or locking the door via key or clicker the mechanism seems to like to stick wherever it was, with a tendency to stay locked. To open the door I have to click the clicker and pull the handle at the same time. I'm thinking it looks and feels mechanical, as it visually tries to unlock, so I figure I can take off the panel and look to see what is going on.

Anyways, long story short I don't have a manual off hand and couldn't turn up any results searching, what is the best way to pull the drivers side door panel off? I don't want to start prying without knowing where to pry!

And as thanks, here's a picture of my run in with a forklift (click for hires)

Unread 03-09-2010, 01:29 AM   #2
Stryker777

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like dirt or corrosion. You can take the panel off by removing the screws, the window roller (if equipped), and the handle plate. Then gently prying the plastic pins out. After that, you will see two rods that run kind of horizontal from the handle/lock. The bottom one (on mine) is the lock. Check to make sure it is not bent, and give the mechanism end (by the latch) some wd40. Work the lock a few times and then put a thin coating of grease in the joint to make sure it keeps working. That is all I had to do to mine. I oil/grease everything at the same time so the handles, windows, and locks all work smoothly. Easier to do it at once than to have to take the panel off again.
Stryker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
Falkon
2004 WJ 

Your actuator/latch is probably shot. Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Door panel removal
Falkon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door , door panel , lock , stuck , stuck lock

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.