Driver's door triggering alarm - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Driver's door triggering alarm

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 01-22-2004, 05:45 PM   #1
kornholio

Driver's door triggering alarm

Hi,
I lock the doors on my 95 Grand Cherokee Ltd by using the power door lock switch. When I go to unlock the driver side door with my key, it triggers the factory alarm. When I unlock the passenger side door with the key, it disarms the alarm. It is a hassle to unlock the doors by going to the passenger side first.

Does anyone know what would cause this? Is there a way to disable the factory alarm completely?

I haven't had a chance to take the drivers door panel off to check the wiring, as it has been too cold outside.

Thanks.

kornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2004, 10:02 PM   #2
elsmooth

Try checking the switch key wire that is connected to the back of the key cylinder. It probably has come off.
elsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2004, 05:29 AM   #3
gthaefner

Look in the doorjam at the big rubber thing that takes the wires from the body to the door, kinda push the thing down and see if any wires are showing. It should be a black one
3.5 RE superflex with adj. arms
adj. trac bars
31s for Now
LOWERED CARS ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO CANT GET IT UP
gthaefner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2004, 09:32 AM   #4
elsmooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthaefner
Look in the doorjam at the big rubber thing that takes the wires from the body to the door, kinda push the thing down and see if any wires are showing. It should be a black one

Are you saying that the black wire is the one that disconnects the alarm?
elsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
jeells
1998 ZJ 

Did you ever figure out this problem? My 98 is having the same issues
jeells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #6
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

Don't expect an answer from those guys, they haven't been on in years.

Did you check the possible causes for the problem that were listed? If not, do that. Those are the 2 most likely causes of the problem you say you have. The switch on the back of the lock cylinder is most likely the problem.

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

As Ken stated, the problem is that the switch on the back of the door's key switch is not working anymore. There is a deactivation switch on each one of the key locks, so you can use any of them to disarm the alarm. It will also disarm with the remote. It is activated with the remote or with the power lock switch when the key it out of the ignition and the door is open.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
coralman
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

They, at this age, are incredibly easy to break also. They run about $40 from mopar if they are still available. If you get one out of a JY use care in removing it, pops off the back of the cylinder. A triangular shaped spring wire holds it on to the back of the cylinder.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.