drive shaft - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > drive shaft

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 05-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #16
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newb1995jeepgc View Post
Everything is fine now. Added Axle Fluid in it and everything is good... good thing it sat for 2 years and leaked out and not driven at all. I drove it for about 2 miles and started to notice the axle starting to whine so i stopped and look... fixed it before any damage was done.
good deal

HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #17
97ZJ4X4
1997 ZJ 

will a 242 from a 4.0 work in my 5.2?
Unread 05-26-2011, 09:17 AM   #18
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ZJ4X4 View Post
skrew that. i guess if thats the problem ill go get a new diff. im not in to spending all that much time and money. and with my luck i would fix it and something else in it would break. at this point im banking on the PO just being a moron and thinking pulling the 4wd would save on gas...
I think you are misunderstanding the VC, its in the transfer case, not the diff. The reason alot of people pull the front shafts when they start whining is because the front axle is a live axle and is always spinning unless you remove the shafts or gears. The VC in the transfer case is probably bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ZJ4X4 View Post
will a 242 from a 4.0 work in my 5.2?
Theres a thread at the top of this forum, it will have everything you need for the swap.

[QUOTE=slayercr23;12630497]How would i go about Stroking it?[/QUOTE]
freakinheep89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #19
97ZJ4X4
1997 ZJ 

hmm well i had a tranny shop "supposedly" look at my transfer case to make sure all was good. altho they were about as trust worthy as the used car dealership that sold me this POS in the first place so idk... i will look into it tho, thanks for the advice.
Unread 05-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #20
97ZJ4X4
1997 ZJ 

ok, so i can get a np231 trans case on ebay for around $300, and i can get a front diff for about the same. my only question now is... how do i kno which one i need to replace?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.