Door Wiring Harness - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Door Wiring Harness

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
Peacemaker526
1995 ZJ 

Door Wiring Harness

Where might I acquire new harnesses for my doors? Anyone know the part #?

Thanks!

Peacemaker526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
ISUzj
2005 WK 

Unfortunately I had to try and get one from the Salvage yard, I could not for me find a Jeep grand cherokee zj door wiring harness, I would be surprised if you found one,
~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
elmer_fud
1995 ZJ 

I had to find one at the junk yard.

The dealership only sold a wiring harness that contained all the wires for the front dash and was several hundred dollars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedycat View Post
I am not one to be changing lanes at 70 mph on a lifted truck on 33's, but since I am in Miami, I have to be prepared for the continuous influx of new drivers whose previous ride was a bicycle with wooden wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, Mushroom!!! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
Or just tie a 12 lb fish to a one foot pipe.
elmer_fud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
VulcanJeep

Why not repair your's? Soldering iron $10.00, wire and shrink insulation $6.00, plus your time $$
It'll be as good as new again!
VulcanJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
cologc46

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Getting the connector snaps released under the dash was the hardest part of getting the harness out on the bench. Then , some good wire, soldering iron, and 30 mintues. Good for another 5-6 years. This was the 2nd time I have fixed my driver side door wiring harness.

Junk yard jeep parts are not easy to come by here in Colorado. From what I see on JF, you guys to the east have treasurese of jeep parts in junk yards. I guess here in CO, people drive their jeeps into the dirt.
Unread 03-25-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
Peacemaker526
1995 ZJ 

Well, I got my answer from the dealer locally....

"L/H jumper harness part # 5010265AA has been discontinued from Chrysler. Original price was $321.00 but is no longer available and there are no Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealers that have one in their inventory.

R/H jumper harness part #5010264AA is also discontinued but there is a source available to us that would sell for $259.00 plus freight cost to you.

One alternative I've seen to replacing these harnesses is to fix the individual wires that are damaged. We have two technician's here that I have seen do an excellent job with wire repairs specifically on your model Grand Cherokee. If you're interested I can get you an estimate on this repair.

Please let me know what your preference is and we'll proceed further.

Thanks again,

Jeff Ballard

Parts Manager"
Unread 04-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
Peacemaker526
1995 ZJ 

Compatibility?

Does anyone know what years are compatible with my 97 grand cheerokee ltd for the door wire looms? There are a couple of 97's near me that are parting out....
Unread 04-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #8
2tone93zj
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologc46 View Post
Getting the connector snaps released under the dash was the hardest part of getting the harness out on the bench. Then , some good wire, soldering iron, and 30 mintues. Good for another 5-6 years. This was the 2nd time I have fixed my driver side door wiring harness.

Junk yard jeep parts are not easy to come by here in Colorado. From what I see on JF, you guys to the east have treasurese of jeep parts in junk yards. I guess here in CO, people drive their jeeps into the dirt.
i picked mine up from the junkyard they looked brand new.

where is this said connector snap under the dash? and how do i get to it

Wanted: 93-95 Keyless entry fob

BUILT NOT BOUGHT #204
2tone93zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
muzak_mike
2004 WJ 

Hey,

I just came across this thread, I have the exact same issue with my 04 GC Overland

are you saying i can take that whole thing out of the jeep, or do i have to solder this thing while its in the door jamb and rubber boot?!
265 hp
325 ft/lbs
----------------------------------------
muzak_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #10
4jeepers
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemaker526 View Post
Where might I acquire new harnesses for my doors? Anyone know the part #?

Thanks!
I purchased one on eBay!
4jeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #11
Some_Anchovies
1995 ZJ 

dang, I only have a wiring harness from a 93 or 94. It came out of the door I bought. The pins didn't match to my 95, so i took the harness out of the 95 and it worked. The o-ring for the connection to the boot was yellow (i think) for the 95, and red (i think) for the whatever year I pulled it from.

if anyone knows what year the reddish one is from, they can get the harness from me.
Some_Anchovies is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.