door swap questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > door swap questions

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

door swap questions

So my passenger door is pretty mangled got hit and the saggy door pin took care of the rest. My question is if I need to move the body side hinges forward or back can I get away with just loosening the outside bolts or do I have to find the inside bolts and loosen those cause im not too sure where they are.

xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Forgot to mention I have a replacment door and it seems the mangled door sits pretty far back and rattles like a sob. I spent most of the day painting it yesterday so im gonna wait till about monday or maybe sunday for it to cure.
Unread 10-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

Dont know if this will help you but its all I got.door-hinge.jpg
Unread 10-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Guess ill just have to play it by eye im guessing ill have to loosen the inside as well. Thanks.
Unread 10-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Lustra

Don't poke your eye out.

QUOTE=newfieZJWe may have gotten off to a bad start , but , you are one ignorant SOB
QUOTE=newfieZ]Yes , the mileage is stored in the PCM , it's only available through a DRB scan, it is irrelevant to 99% of jeepers.
What about the other 1%?

Silly Hillbilly
Lustra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

I wear glasses.
Unread 10-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #7
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

So for a little maintence what do I lube on the regulator to make smoother operation up and down or is no lubing required? ive already scrubbed the window seals sinse the door is stripped.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.