Door Locks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Door Locks

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 03-30-2004, 09:21 AM   #1
albertordia
2007 WK 

Door Locks

I'm having problems with the power lock on my front passenger door. I see from other posts that this is not an uncommon problem.
I went into my dealership and was told it would cost about $250 to have it fixed, although I've read posts about guys who had it fixed at their dealerships for $120! Hmm...
Any thoughts on how much this should cost, or how else I can get it sorted out. Is it something one can fix oneself?
Cheers

2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo

Last edited by albertordia; 03-31-2004 at 07:07 AM..
albertordia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2004, 08:24 AM   #2
nodkaGSR

My driver's door lock quit on me after I bought my 96 used. Its pretty simple, just check the actuator. I bought a generic one on ebay for 2 bucks and it works fine. Its just a pain getting it mounted correctly.
nodkaGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2004, 08:46 PM   #3
1st95gc

This might sound stupid, but what is the actuator and where is it located at?
1st95gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2004, 05:32 PM   #4
nodkaGSR

No question is stupid. Anyway, the actuator is basically a motor that pushes and pulls. They can be hydraulic or pneumatic as well I think. DOn't quote me on that. On the GC its a motor thats geared to push or pull the lock mechanism. Its on the edge of the door by the latch. It usually has two wires on it but it depends on the system. Just take the door panel off and peel back the plastic. Follow the wires to the edge of the door. If I remember correctly, there are only two screws holding it in place. I can take a pic this weekend if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st95gc
This might sound stupid, but what is the actuator and where is it located at?
nodkaGSR is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.