Door jamb switch does not work - Too little plunger travel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Door jamb switch does not work - Too little plunger travel

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 09-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
Bale
1998 ZJ 

Door jamb switch does not work - Too little plunger travel

Hi guys!

An annoying problem just surfaced. One of the door switches will not turn off the dome lights (and the "door ajar" warning message) when the door is closed. The plunger travel is suddenly a tiny bit too little when the door is closed.

It started after a seat belt buckle was jammed in the door, and maybe did something funny to the switch.

The switch w./plunger looks OK, but I notice that on the other doors the tip of the plungers seem to be raised a bit from the cylindrical part. Does this mean that the plungers are length adjustable? And that the jammed buckle messed with the problem switch?

Anybody know if these plungers are indeed adjustable, and if so, how to adjust them? Looks like pretty fragile plastic, so I don't want to break anything...

Unread 09-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
darkhelmet
1998 ZJ 

They are length adjustable but mine kept collapsing in... I took a penny and glued it to the door where it hit the plunger...

And yes I have repaired the door hinges and adjusted the striker to pull door in further
darkhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
Bale
1998 ZJ 

I taped something to the door as well, but it doesn't look too sophisticated

Do you know how the plunger length adjustment works?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.