Door Harness Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Door Harness Replacement

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille

Unread 11-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Door Harness Replacement

So I got aggravated that the windows quit working & took a razor blade to the boot and wire harness. Got the windows up , but now I got a load of wires that are trashed .

where dose the harness disconnect in the loom for both driver and passenger door? Gonna hit the JY for a replacement

squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
Lakoswolf
1993 ZJ 

The connector from the rest of the vehicle to the harness should be just inside the "frame" of the vehicle a little ways. I was able to pull mine out easily. I used a zip-tie so I didn't lose the other end of the vehicle wiring in the frame.
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][B]93' Grand Wagoneer 5.2[/B][/COLOR]- Dad's
[COLOR="Red"]93' Grand Cherokee 4.0 Ltd. (Deceased)[/COLOR]
Lakoswolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

its right beside where the harness goes through the body, on the passenger side its a little more hidden, i had to remove the plastic thing that all the harness clip into the big one lol best way i can describe it. I replaced my drivers side harness it was easy peasy. I stumbled upon my broken wires by accident re-adjusting my boot also don't forget the torx in between the harness where it goes through the door it took me a while to figure that one out.
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

driver side harness form 94 with security,was easily removed plugs behind the hood release. now my 93 has no security but i don't foresee it being a issue. Passenger side looks more involved (ran out of light)
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Yea the passenger side is a bit more involved but not by much. The drivers side is much easier to remove
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.