Doing pm9069 fan motor swap on 5.9L but my existing blade doesnt fit HELP! lol - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Doing pm9069 fan motor swap on 5.9L but my existing blade doesnt fit HELP! lol

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-31-2014, 05:51 PM   #1
stacks73
1998 ZJ 

Doing pm9069 fan motor swap on 5.9L but my existing blade doesnt fit HELP! lol

So the bearings in my fan motor are going and i already have the PM9069 fan motor from autozone as well as the WPT168 pigtail but the fan blade that is on there already doesn't fit the new motor, where can i get one? Is there any other car that carrys one that's an exact fit to this motor?

stacks73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
Timo_90xj
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Location: Helsinki, Finland - on the European side of the Atlantic
You mean the fan rotor won't fit? How does it not fit, as in it's tight and not wanting to go in?

I just did this swap a while ago, and the stock 5.9 E-fan rotor was a direct fit on the VDO/Siemens PM9069 motor. Rotor will only fit one way to the axle/ star- thingy, and it is a snug fit. So is the spring- loaded clamp that goes to the groove at the end of the axle when the rotor is fully pressed in on the axle.

Could you take a few pictures (clear ones, please) to show what's wrong. I've seen this swap now on a couple different forums, and not one has mentioned any issues with the fitment. If yours really isn't working with the VDO PM9069, then you might've gotten a wrong/ bad motor. It should be a direct fit in every possible way except for the additional pigtail you already bought.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...s-etc-1222317/

1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***

***Under construction***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,... ***SOLD***
Timo_90xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
stacks73
1998 ZJ 

I don't have any pics at the moment but it looks as if the motor has already been swapped by the previous owner because the motor that is in there already doesn't have the star piece and it is a Siemens brand ( don't have the exact part number). It has a long pin that's about an inch or 2 long. The pm9069 motor has a short pin with the star piece but the pin doesn't stick out enough to go all the way through the blade that's on there already. Would you happen to know what blade i can put on that would fit this motor ?
Unread 03-31-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
caseyliffick
1995 ZJ 

I've got a Niner E-Fan for sale for $140 plus shipping.
caseyliffick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 06:09 PM   #5
stacks73
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyliffick View Post
I've got a Niner E-Fan for sale for $140 plus shipping.
Hey do you still have this fan ?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.