Does anyone have the stock infinity gold speakers for sale? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Does anyone have the stock infinity gold speakers for sale?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
cmorris2431
1997 ZJ 

I have 2 I may sell they are in good condition look wise but don't know how they sound

cmorris2431 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #17
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

my 5.9 has aftermarket speakers in it from the previous owner.. the amp was ripped out.. i found a amp from a dead 5.9 in a jy installed it.. sound is 10x better with the amp vs just the aftermarket headunit powering 6 speakers. The amp barely gets warm to the touch you really have to feel for it to feel any heat after its been running for a long time.. so i dunno why you guy say itll get hot
Candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #18
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Impedance matching doesn't matter as much for solid state amps, bigger problem in tube power designs. I run polk audio DB651 speakers in both my zj's with the infinity amp and they run fine. Half wattage is not half volume even for the same speaker because volume in logarithmic, to double the volume you need ten times the wattage. Add to that the fact that a newer speaker will probably be a more efficient design (db per w) and your difference is negligible.

Into a 4 ohm load the amp will be putting less current into the speaker, but the same voltage, so it will run cooler. In general 2 ohm loads are considered abusive in the audio world. 4 and 8 ohm is where you can get more fidelity out of the voice coils. A 2 ohm load rating will give the amp a higher wattage for the marketing boys to print though, I have a feeling that has something to do with it.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #19
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

I replaced mine with the Infinity that everyone loves....they sound no better than the OEM.

I plan on buying foam kits from e-bay.
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #20
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

I have a theory that I haven't had a chance to confirm that the stock head plays funny tricks with eq for the ****ty stock speakers. I think the amp is pretty clean and in general a good piece of kit. I'm hoping I get a chance to do proper testing of that sometime soon.

"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
Unread 04-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #21
Redsand
1998 ZJ 

I have two brand new sitting in my closet that I ordered from Kolak a few years ago. PM me if you wanna buy them.
Redsand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 05:20 AM   #22
chadandloren
2001 WJ 

I installed these in my WJ and in my wife's Liberty, infinity 6030cs. They were easy to install and sound really good. In my jeep I just replaced to factory speakers with these and it was easy. You can pickup the set off eBay for $100.
chadandloren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #23
AMLKiller42711
1998 ZJ 

I replaced my factory head unit and speakers a few weeks ago, (well a stereo shop did it), but kept the stock amp and wiring. Sounds great and no issues so far. Parts were >$350 for head unit, 2 alpine components in front so I could have tweeters in the factory dash tweeter locations and cheaper replacements in the rear doors. The install only took them less tha an hour and so far I'm stoked on the sound quality. The amp hasn't cut in/out once, I checked it a couple times and it doesn't seem to be getting too hot. All speakers are 4 ohms. Plus Bluetooth is huge (can't afford another cell phone ticket).
AMLKiller42711 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #24
pauper
1998 ZJ 

steering wheel controls workie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMLKiller42711 View Post
I replaced my factory head unit and speakers a few weeks ago, (well a stereo shop did it), but kept the stock amp and wiring. Sounds great and no issues so far. Parts were >$350 for head unit, 2 alpine components in front so I could have tweeters in the factory dash tweeter locations and cheaper replacements in the rear doors. The install only took them less tha an hour and so far I'm stoked on the sound quality. The amp hasn't cut in/out once, I checked it a couple times and it doesn't seem to be getting too hot. All speakers are 4 ohms. Plus Bluetooth is huge (can't afford another cell phone ticket).
pauper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #25
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Door speaker paper slowly deteriorated and fell out of all my stock Infinity door speakers many years ago. Installed new head unit, adapter harness, and Polk speakers from Crutchfield. Had forgotten how good it sounds!
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #26
caseyliffick
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by todras View Post
Are those really any good? The reviews say so, but I've always thought that Pyles were "piles" of crap.
caseyliffick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
PhillyBluntz
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyliffick View Post

Are those really any good? The reviews say so, but I've always thought that Pyles were "piles" of crap.
No! Don't do it! Pyle is absolutely garbage! Look toward Memphis or Alpine. I've been in the audio business for over 12 years, and I can guarantee you that if you buy Pyle, you have just wasted your money!
PhillyBluntz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #28
lil_joe
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by todras
I have these, they sound great
--[.]IIIII[.]
Obsession is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated
HER's: 92 YJ 4" RC 1.5 RC Booms, 1" BL on 33's
MINE's: 97 ZJ 5.2 Upcountry Limited Project 2" RE BB on 265/75 Mud Dogs, Locked front LSD rear, 242 swapped T-Case, RC Quick Disco's
www.virtualjeepclub.com/
lil_joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #29
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

pyle anything is garbage. low cost/low quality.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #30
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Polk is a pretty good balance of paying for the name vs paying for quality.

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-6-5.../dp/B000P0PF9G

Those will bolt right in, they come with adapter rings to fit in vehicles designed for 6.75" speakers like the ZJ.

"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.