Does anyone have the stock infinity gold speakers for sale? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Does anyone have the stock infinity gold speakers for sale?

Up to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer PurchaseFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 04-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
tuggey
1998 ZJ 

Does anyone have the stock infinity gold speakers for sale?

Hello I'm trying to find some stock infinity gold speakers.
Mine are dry rot and falling apart and 2 are blown.
I don't want to go threw the trouble of rewiring everything.
Does anyone have all of them in decent shape they would sell for decent price?
If so message me.... Also already looked at local junk yards with no luck....

tuggey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

I doubt you'll find anything. The newest ones are 15 years old and they have paper cones which don't last.

You can use the old wiring.
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
tuggey
1998 ZJ 

I want to keep using the stock amp and wiring but ive read you have to use 2 ohm speakers.
It's seems harder to find cheap 2 ohm speakers lol..
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
mrjeepinguy
1996 ZJ 

I have kicker 4 ohm speakers all around with the infinity system and i have had no problemes. U can pick them up cheap at walmart or best buy, they sound way better than the infinity ones
mrjeepinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

If all that is wrong is the cone surrounds are rotten, pull the speakers and take them to a speaker shop. I had new surrounds installed for 17 bucks each.

If you are very industrious, you can find the materials online and do it yourself. Plenty of youtubes.
ZeeJay1997 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
tuggey
1998 ZJ 

Yea unfortunately I think they are to far gone to fix lol.
Can some people tell me what can/can't happen by using 4-ohm speakers?
I mean I just Take off the door panel take the speaker in there out and cut the plug off from the door
And wire it to new speaker? Will quality be affected a lot?
And heat build up on head unit or amp under back seat?
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
HighLonesome

1995 ZJ 

You'll get around half the wattage going from 2 to 4 ohm. So less volume. The power amp will run cooler with less load.

There are speakers in the front dash that you may want to disconnect depending on this or that.
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLonesome View Post
You'll get around half the wattage going from 2 to 4 ohm. So less volume. The power amp will run cooler with less load.

There are speakers in the front dash that you may want to disconnect depending on this or that.
the power amp will run hotter with the impedence it's not designed for. works both ways when hooking up amplifiers. if it's not designed for the low resistance speakers it'll overheat, if it's not designed for the high resistance speakers it can overheat. real world, doesn't mean much except lower relative volume at any setting on the radio and slightly lower sound quality. though the stock head unit is garbage for sound reproduction so it doesn't really matter.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #9
Football47
1998 ZJ 

Do you have a newer deck? The infinity only sound good on the stock radio....
Unread 04-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #10
HighLonesome

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
the power amp will run hotter with the impedence it's not designed for. works both ways when hooking up amplifiers. if it's not designed for the low resistance speakers it'll overheat, if it's not designed for the high resistance speakers it can overheat. real world, doesn't mean much except lower relative volume at any setting on the radio and slightly lower sound quality. though the stock head unit is garbage for sound reproduction so it doesn't really matter.
Gonna respectfully disagree. Amps are designed for a range of impedances. Going from 2 to 4 ohms will halve the load and make the amp work less hard.
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

^I agree.

My factory radio sounded fine while using 4 ohm speakers. Sounded a hell of a lot better than the 4 missing surrounds factory Infinity speakers.
Unread 04-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLonesome View Post
Gonna respectfully disagree. Amps are designed for a range of impedances. Going from 2 to 4 ohms will halve the load and make the amp work less hard.
hasn't been my experience with class d and a/b amplifiers. they tend to overheat much faster running impedance lower than they were designed for. seen some that won't even run for more than a few minutes with the wrong speakers wired up.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #13
gs69350

1998 ZJ 

Someone said they had theirs fixed... Made me curious.
Here is a place that sells kits. $10.00 each. Looks easy enough.

http://www.speakerworks.com/6_inch_s...kit_p/swk6.htm (This is not necesarily the right kit for the infinity speakers)

I've got an extra set of the infinitys in my garage, I'll measure them up tonight.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited Platinum; 2" BB, 225/75/16 Wrangler MT/R --GONE--
http://www.facebook.com/groups/59limited/ <-- 5.9 Owner's group on FB.
gs69350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #14
T-nave
1998 ZJ 

There are a few choices when it comes to 2ohm replacements. Infinity reference is one and I believe they make others. Jbl also makes some as well as kicker. Im going to try some bose speakers for the back doors and the reference for the front doors. Bose made some decent 2 ohm speakers. They came in a variety of vehicles. You can find them at the junk yard and ebay all day long. If I had the chedder I would probably go with the Kicker subs in the back doors.
Unread 04-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #15
todras

Just get these and be done.

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PL63BL-6-...I24H88AWP1P34B
todras is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.