Does anyone have 17 to 22 inch rims? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Does anyone have 17 to 22 inch rims?

Steinjager TJ tube doorsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-17-2003, 03:40 AM   #1
TSparky21

Does anyone have 17 to 22 inch rims?

I wonder if anyone have big rims on their Jeep Grand Cherokees? If you do then I would like to see the pictures! Thanks

TSparky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2003, 10:20 AM   #2
techie

It's not exactly a real life picture, but you can always do the tirerack.com thing and pick the color of your car and everything. They don't have all the color choices right on all the years but at least you can see the rims on the truck and get an idea.
techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2003, 02:15 PM   #3
TSparky21

What's the limit up to inch rim for Jeep Grand Cherokee? I just wonder?
Unread 09-17-2003, 03:28 PM   #4
techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSparky21
What's the limit up to inch rim for Jeep Grand Cherokee? I just wonder?
I'm not sure off hand, what's the lowest profile tire you can find keeping the tire diameter in spec? I'd bet you could go larger than what's practical on a 4x4 truck and larger than what's actually cosmetically appealing to most people.

IMO the Cadillacs, BMWs and so on look good with large rims and low profile tires, but the GCs just don't look right. Again, IMO. I think the WJ's with larger rims would look better than ZJ's with larger rims, but still wouldn't look right if they were too large.
Unread 09-17-2003, 04:54 PM   #5
TSparky21

I just checked out www.tirerack.com... They did have 20 inch rim... It looked really nice on them! I think 20 inch would be good enough as if more then it would be too much of the looks...
Unread 09-19-2003, 07:43 AM   #6
TSparky21

I'm surpirsed that no one responsed who ever has 20' inch rim! Does anyone have them?
Unread 09-19-2003, 11:35 AM   #7
Skyjacked97ZJ

Im sure someone out there has one, just chances are it has a 44 inch tire wrapped around it.
Skyjacked97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2003, 12:08 PM   #8
techie

Quote:
I'm surpirsed that no one responsed who ever has 20' inch rim! Does anyone have them?
I have only once seen any jeep with large rims and low profile tires and it happened to be grand cherokee. The majority of people on this forum are going to be truck enthusiasts (meaning, using them as trucks) therefore you probably won't get too many people responding with pics.

Although quite a few people posting lately seem to be questioning wether you can really off road with a GC, as you can see from the responses, yes you can.
Unread 09-19-2003, 01:36 PM   #9
theantiriced

This guy has 20's on his '99 Limited. If you search through cardomain you'll find a lot more GC's to look at. Most of the owners should probably be driving Civics instead, but at least you can get an idea of what WJ's look like with 18in.+ wheels. Hope it helps.

-Craig

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...and%20Cherokee
theantiriced is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2003, 02:19 PM   #10
coops1105

yeah I remember when I first got my gc I was thinking about putting 18+ rims on until I took the beast mudding and thats what changed my mind to get a lift and big tires instead of big rims. Most people who dont have grands are supprised how well they do off-road even when stock
Unread 09-19-2003, 04:53 PM   #11
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theantiriced
This guy has 20's on his '99 Limited. If you search through cardomain you'll find a lot more GC's to look at. Most of the owners should probably be driving Civics instead, but at least you can get an idea of what WJ's look like with 18in.+ wheels. Hope it helps.

-Craig

Dam what a travesty, I bet those GC's have never even seen a dirt road much less actual mud, WHat a waste.

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2003, 06:18 PM   #12
TSparky21

theantiriced... Thanks for the site! That really helped a lot! Now, I know how it looks with low profile tires! It looks really nice! Makes me want to put them on!
Unread 09-22-2003, 10:18 PM   #13
crash98

Quote:
Originally Posted by i0achik
Dam what a travesty, I bet those GC's have never even seen a dirt road much less actual mud, WHat a waste.
hey hey hey, My GC has never seen the mud, but now my 97 dodge ram clubcab 4x4 with its 5.9 now thats a diff story!!
and about 4600 watts of power
http://members.cardomain.com/crash98
crash98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2003, 10:24 PM   #14
crash98

Quote:
I wonder if anyone have big rims on their Jeep Grand Cherokees? If you do then I would like to see the pictures! Thanks
I am fixing to put 20's on my jeep and I have a guy that comes buy the shop that has 24's on his.
and about 4600 watts of power
http://members.cardomain.com/crash98
crash98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2003, 02:28 PM   #15
ecrab3

Hey yall, just a suggestion before you buy them big wheels. If you can, try and ride in a truck or Jeep that has them big wheels and low pro tires. IMO, the ride sucks arse big time. Not to mention that its hard to find aggressive AT tires in that size, actually I dont think they make any yet. Also, dont forget the price of replacing them tires.
I speak from experience. I have a 97 XJ and 98 ZJ and 02 Dodge Ram with the 20" package and lemme tell ya, my XJ with the MTs rides way better than that big cushy truck!
Ok, that aside, I had to buy 4 new tires for the truck, the Goodyears that came stock with it lasted 54K miles! Nice surprise! but the downside was trying to find them same tires in stock anywhere! I tried them all, local and Tirerack. Nobody had them in stock for atleast 6-8 weeks. It is called a national backorder. Well Goodyear had them, but not at the Tirerack price of $134 each, they wanted $257 each!

My only alternative was to hunt for the next cheapest. Wasnt that cheap, as a matter of fact, there is only one other tire made to fit a full size truck, it was a Falken high performace tire at a whooping $235 each! Yeouch!
I needed them in a hurry due to the belts showing and had to bite the bullet.
I had to drop a grand on stupid tires. Never again.

Keep that in mind when it comes to them big tires and the crappy ride that will cancel out the super nice ride that a ZJ or WJ supposed to give.
HTH

eddie
ecrab3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.