Do you think this 4.0 is worth buying? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Do you think this 4.0 is worth buying?

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 03-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Camaro16
1998 ZJ 

Do you think this 4.0 is worth buying?

http://www.mackins4x4.co.uk/cars/jee...arts-breaking/

Same colour as my Orvis, no idea what is wrong with it but I suspect immobiliser death which I can fix. Doesn't look like it's been hit, and I prefer the wheels to my Orvis ones - also 15" rather than 16" so cheaper tyres!
Looks like some peeling on the hood but it's straight unlike mine. If it is just immobiliser death, what would you offer, if you were thinking about it?
They are rare over here, yet to find one in black apart from mine at less than about $2000.
I'd have a hard time buying it and breaking it for parts - nobody has ZJs so nobody needs parts. The P is for Petrol BTW.
I'm thinking buy the whole thing for a few hundred, then tow it down the road and fit an immobiliser bypass, drive away!
Otherwise I'd just buy parts from it.

Camaro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #2
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Rockers look rusty so make sure you check out the control arm mounts too , that's a bigger concern . Appears to have only 152000kms so the powertrain should be in good shape .

Steering wheel is on the wrong side , not sure how to fix that

For a couple of hundred quid , I don't see it being a bad deal at all either way , I'd grab it even for parts if you have the room . It will save you some loot eventually .

Keep us posted
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #3
Camaro16
1998 ZJ 

Yeah, wasn't sure whether that was mud or rust! Just noticed that the rev counter shows it is idling, so mustn't be the immobiliser though. I've emailed him for a price anyway!
Camaro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 03:15 AM   #4
Exdecuk
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro16 View Post
http://www.mackins4x4.co.uk/cars/jee...arts-breaking/

Same colour as my Orvis, no idea what is wrong with it but I suspect immobiliser death which I can fix. Doesn't look like it's been hit, and I prefer the wheels to my Orvis ones - also 15" rather than 16" so cheaper tyres!
Looks like some peeling on the hood but it's straight unlike mine. If it is just immobiliser death, what would you offer, if you were thinking about it?
They are rare over here, yet to find one in black apart from mine at less than about $2000.
I'd have a hard time buying it and breaking it for parts - nobody has ZJs so nobody needs parts. The P is for Petrol BTW.
I'm thinking buy the whole thing for a few hundred, then tow it down the road and fit an immobiliser bypass, drive away!
Otherwise I'd just buy parts from it.
You sure about the colour being the same, i thought only the 9er / Orvis (ZG) used the Slate colour. I think you will find its just straight black but i could be wrong.

Bought a whole immaculate front end off a ZG Orvis for mine in Slate to match my 9er for & 75 (hood, grill, bumper & both front wings (fenders) just because it was soooooo cheap.

A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.
Exdecuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #5
Pugulis
1996 ZJ 

That's a good amount of rust. You can see the hole in the rocker in the 3rd picture. Just behind the rear passenger door.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.