Do I have a limited slip diff? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Do I have a limited slip diff?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #16
eek142
1999 WJ 

Yeah, I got it done. Cleaned it all off with brake cleaner. The magnet was very weak and wasn't really attracting the bolt initially since it was covered in so many particles. It's all good now. Waiting for the RTV to cure and then I'll fill up the diff. Thanks for the help.

eek142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 03:41 PM   #17
WiCkeDuDe
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

The magnet is there to pull the filings out of the fluid and build them up on the magnet, rather than pushing all that crap through your bearings and toasting them quicker.
WiCkeDuDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.