Distributor whine? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Distributor whine?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
sandman
1993 ZJ 

Distributor whine?

A few weeks ago I developed this crazy whine noise under my hood, I was able to locate it and it was coming out of the distributor (4.0). Took off the cap and rotor and everything looked fine, put it back together and still got the noise. Sprayed the inside of the cap with WD-40 and the whine still was there but after driving it a few miles it went away. My guess it that I got a bearing going out and the WD-40 seeped down to it and silenced it. In any case, im in the market for a new distributor and would like to upgrade, you guys have any suggestions or should I just replace it with OEM.

Unread 12-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
jnowak
1993 ZJ 

If you don't have any other mods then OEM will do perfect.
jnowak is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.