The Definitive Injector Swap HOW TO - Page 40 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > The Definitive Injector Swap HOW TO

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Reply
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #586
SpectralZJ98
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football47 View Post

Intake swap? Link please
Ok. Forgot that's something sometimes over looked. I got two links for you, in this case.

Just the intake thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/9...d-how-1345931/

Upgrades for the I6: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/4...rades-1254969/

Still in the process of slowly upgrading according to the thread. Intake was easy, though there is some cutting and splicing to get things lined out. Cake-simple, though

SpectralZJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #587
SpectralZJ98
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football47 View Post

Intake swap? Link please
And also, for the record, every time I'm at PullaPart in Louisville, I make it a point to scout out the I6 WJs and grab their intakes. Doesn't matter if I need them or not, since most of the people I hang with have I6s and its easier to give them one than for them to go find one. I also get bored a lot, which is why I'm always messing with my Jeep. One of these days, I'm just going to get another one and rebuild my DD. Its about time for it, anyway
SpectralZJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #588
Pierre_r
Senior Member
 
Pierre_r's Avatar
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 557
I have read the first post a number of times but i still dont really understand

I have a 93 w5.2 what injectors should i buy for it?
Is it the 710 i can use on it?
Whats is the differance between them and rebuilt stock injectors?

Will i gain some mpg with 710 or will it be the same as with the stock injectors?
Pierre_r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #589
Football47
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 237
Thanks Spectral!
__________________
Can't beat a Jeep
Football47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #590
KyBoy1991
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralZJ98
And also, for the record, every time I'm at PullaPart in Louisville, I make it a point to scout out the I6 WJs and grab their intakes. Doesn't matter if I need them or not, since most of the people I hang with have I6s and its easier to give them one than for them to go find one. I also get bored a lot, which is why I'm always messing with my Jeep. One of these days, I'm just going to get another one and rebuild my DD. Its about time for it, anyway
Spectral, I'm in the same pullapart several times a year. We should talk sometime, maybe we could help one another when in need. I'm only 30 min from Louisville. Also, have you seen the thread on here about swapping the header from a WJ on to our ZJs? Makes it a 3-2-1 style with 2.5" out. That's my next step to go along with the injectors and manifold swap. Just waiting to get all the parts at once rather than do the same work twice.

***edit: exhaust manifold is 99-00WJ not TJ****

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/9...-swap-1234191/
KyBoy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #591
KyBoy1991
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre_r
I have read the first post a number of times but i still dont really understand I have a 93 w5.2 what injectors should i buy for it? Is it the 710 i can use on it? Whats is the differance between them and rebuilt stock injectors? Will i gain some mpg with 710 or will it be the same as with the stock injectors?
It's most likely going to give you a smoother idle and better throttle response, most see a gain in the mpg's, however that's not everyone to my knowledge. Go back to the first pages and watch the videos, it shows the same amounts of gas being used I think but look at the actual gas spray coming out. One is basically a solid stream while the other(newer 4hole style) is a fine mist cloud of fuel which provides a better burn and atomization....the better idle and response.
KyBoy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #592
SpectralZJ98
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBoy1991 View Post
Spectral, I'm in the same pullapart several times a year. We should talk sometime, maybe we could help one another when in need. I'm only 30 min from Louisville. Also, have you seen the thread on here about swapping the header from a WJ on to our ZJs? Makes it a 3-2-1 style with 2.5" out. That's my next step to go along with the injectors and manifold swap. Just waiting to get all the parts at once rather than do the same work twice.

***edit: exhaust manifold is 99-00WJ not TJ****
We should, I agree. Up until 2 months ago, I lived right off Preston by Roosters, and PAP was only 3 or 4 miles down the road. Every hour I had available was spent there. Sadly, I'm now all the way up in Jasper Indiana, commuting to Toyota every day. But I still schedule PAP and Range trips every month.

I haven't seen that exhaust swap thread yet, but I definitely need to.
SpectralZJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #593
OverlandZJ
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bristol, Pa
Posts: 931
I'd like to see that WJ header swap too.. just happen to have a spare WJ header set.
OverlandZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #594
KyBoy1991
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 666
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/9...-swap-1234191/

I'm trying this from my phone app, but there's the link. If it doesn't show, lookup TurboTPI, he started the thread.
KyBoy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #595
OverlandZJ
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bristol, Pa
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBoy1991 View Post
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/9...-swap-1234191/

I'm trying this from my phone app, but there's the link. If it doesn't show, lookup TurboTPI, he started the thread.

Is that header a copy of OEM Federal emission equipment? And it has 2.5" tubes?

My wife's 99 is CA emission and has dual cast manifolds.. with 1-5/8" ID passages. (just measured spare manifolds)

Thanks for the link..
OverlandZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #596
coralman
new wrangler prototype
 
coralman's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 4,528
That is one wild looking header!
__________________
deep from the bowels of mopar design

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #597
Brendan4862
Member
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: , New Hampshire
Posts: 100
I just did a 789 swap into my 5.9 and it idles SOOO much smoother than with the original injectors that had been in there for 130k miles. It also has a much smoother throttle response. I haven't done any trips yet to check the mileage but I will update.

I wanted to post because after reading this whole thread I saw a mention of the wire harness adapters needed for the 789s ev6 style electrical connector to ev1 harness connector. I used a one piece connector set I got off eBay and I had plenty of room to use that style. I did it to minimize extra wires under the hood. So they definitely work with plenty of room for the 5.9. I'm not sure about the 5.2, but it is probably the same. So happy I did the swap! Thank you jeep forum and its members!
__________________
There is no substitute for a Jeep
Brendan4862 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #598
KyBoy1991
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlandZJ
Is that header a copy of OEM Federal emission equipment? And it has 2.5" tubes? My wife's 99 is CA emission and has dual cast manifolds.. with 1-5/8" ID passages. (just measured spare manifolds) Thanks for the link..
I couldn't tell you if it is OEM I just read the thread and want to go it to mine. In the thread, TurboTPI did say there are pre-welded o2 bungs. So to me that says they are legal...will it pass CA emission regs, that's a whole other topic
KyBoy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #599
dbmorris99
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dallas, Georgia
Posts: 46
has any one used the Bosch 0280155740 injectors they were also in the 95-97 neons but in the sohc were as the 0280155703 came in the dohc? i know the specs beteen the 703 and the 740 is close. just wondering if anyone has used them
dbmorris99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 11:12 PM   #600
StPaul59
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: St Paul, MN
Posts: 338
Anyone know which ones these are? Just says Bosch 4 hole... And they come with adapters. The guy has really good feedback, so maybe they are legit.


http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-97-98-Jee...901850&vxp=mtr
StPaul59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
703 , 715 , ford , fuel injector , neon , swap

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.