The Definitive Injector Swap HOW TO - Page 35 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #511 of 678 Old 09-26-2013, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
zander21510
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post

I had a lot of fun driving today. I noticed that I do not have to depress the pedal as much to get going. Especially if I am already moving and need to accelerate. I am still in shock at how smooth it idles. Not a lot of room to do any WOT runs yet. Need to get to a bigger or more deserted road. I need to adjust the TV cable again from having the TB off.

I'm not going to put the 703's back in so if anyone wants them let me know. I cleaned them with seafoam and they have new baskets, pintle caps, and O rings. There is about 2000 miles on them since the rebuild.
That sounds great...definitely not the "yeah I think its better" results most have with the 703s...let us know what you get milage-wise, I'd be concerned that they run a little richer.

zander21510 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #512 of 678 Old 09-26-2013, 01:17 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 21,231
I can't make a comparison on these 789 'svs the 703's since the 703's were not flow matched or professionally refurbished. But they are working great. As for running rich, they have a slightly less flow rating than the 703's or so I have read.
PolkaPower is online now  
post #513 of 678 Old 09-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Scopez
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Aiken
Posts: 1,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
I can't make a comparison on these 789 'svs the 703's since the 703's were not flow matched or professionally refurbished. But they are working great. As for running rich, they have a slightly less flow rating than the 703's or so I have read.
They're on the list now. My ZJ runs a tad rich with stock injectors. I think a few are slightly leaking.

94 ZJ Laredo. 5.2 Crate engine. 6in JKS SA Lift. 33in Destination MTs. ARB Front Bumper.
Scopez is offline  
 
post #514 of 678 Old 09-27-2013, 09:37 AM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 21,231
I don't smell the gas smell anymore. One or more of the JY 703's may have been cycling lazy or something. These 789's are very nice though. Fell in love with driving it all over again.
PolkaPower is online now  
post #515 of 678 Old 09-27-2013, 12:01 PM
zjosh93
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 2,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
Those are purdy Polka, Where did you get the adapter harnesses?
Ford Motorsports sells a set of adapters that are a single solid piece, i.e. not two plugs and wire. I had a set on some injectors I tried on my 93. Not a big deal; I just thought they were cleaner.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-14464-a8
zjosh93 is offline  
post #516 of 678 Old 09-27-2013, 12:55 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 21,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjosh93 View Post
Ford Motorsports sells a set of adapters that are a single solid piece, i.e. not two plugs and wire. I had a set on some injectors I tried on my 93. Not a big deal; I just thought they were cleaner.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-14464-a8
On the V8 there is very little room around the injectors especially to the front near the heater hose on the pass side and behind the ac compressor on the drivers side. I doubt those would fit. It was a pretty tight squeeze with the harnesses I got. For the 4.0 it might not matter but I wouldn't be driving one of those anyway
PolkaPower is online now  
post #517 of 678 Old 09-27-2013, 01:39 PM
zjosh93
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 2,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
On the V8 there is very little room around the injectors especially to the front near the heater hose on the pass side and behind the ac compressor on the drivers side. I doubt those would fit. It was a pretty tight squeeze with the harnesses I got. For the 4.0 it might not matter but I wouldn't be driving one of those anyway
Gotcha, I've only seen the V8 at the junkyard while looking for 4.0s so I wouldn't know. Plenty of room on the 4.0
zjosh93 is offline  
post #518 of 678 Old 09-27-2013, 01:43 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 21,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjosh93 View Post
Gotcha, I've only seen the V8 at the junkyard while looking for 4.0s so I wouldn't know. Plenty of room on the 4.0
Yea they really crammed that V8 in there with little room to spare. Looks like the millennium falcon innards. Wires and hoses going all over.
PolkaPower is online now  
post #519 of 678 Old 09-28-2013, 06:37 AM
KyBoy1991
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville
Posts: 689
You guys are so dang hard on us 4.0 guys. Must be where most of you guys live and what you do with your jeeps.

Us backwoods Kentucky boys, if we haul anything we bring our big diesel trucks....not our jeeps. When we offroad we stay light so we don't sink in the mud....and before any of you v8 guys jump me about they aren't but only 100 pounds or so heavier motor....I've gotten thru plenty more holes of deep mud than some of the v8 guys. They do nose dive....yes they have more power...but sometimes they end up in a bigger mess in which they can't get out of either. At least in my experiences. I'm not a rock guy at all. We like slingin mud having fun, drive it there and be able to drive it home....most of the time.

But I can't tell you how many times that whole thing you guys do about pounding your chest over your v8 just makes me shake my head. I don't own my jeep to go fast on pavement....nor haul big trailers upwards of 10,000 pounds....it's a jeep. Built to last forever, go over, through, or around basically any obstacle given the right driver.

I guess I just haven't seen any V8 go with me and have any advantage over my 4.0 to make me believe there's something so special to want one the way you guys keep putting us 4.0 folks down. I know it's all in good fun...but dang give it rest or let's see where there's a huge advantage.

Sorry...wayyyyy off topic on early Saturday morning
KyBoy1991 is offline  
post #520 of 678 Old 09-28-2013, 07:11 AM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 21,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBoy1991 View Post
You guys are so dang hard on us 4.0 guys. Must be where most of you guys live and what you do with your jeeps.

Us backwoods Kentucky boys, if we haul anything we bring our big diesel trucks....not our jeeps. When we offroad we stay light so we don't sink in the mud....and before any of you v8 guys jump me about they aren't but only 100 pounds or so heavier motor....I've gotten thru plenty more holes of deep mud than some of the v8 guys. They do nose dive....yes they have more power...but sometimes they end up in a bigger mess in which they can't get out of either. At least in my experiences. I'm not a rock guy at all. We like slingin mud having fun, drive it there and be able to drive it home....most of the time.

But I can't tell you how many times that whole thing you guys do about pounding your chest over your v8 just makes me shake my head. I don't own my jeep to go fast on pavement....nor haul big trailers upwards of 10,000 pounds....it's a jeep. Built to last forever, go over, through, or around basically any obstacle given the right driver.

I guess I just haven't seen any V8 go with me and have any advantage over my 4.0 to make me believe there's something so special to want one the way you guys keep putting us 4.0 folks down. I know it's all in good fun...but dang give it rest or let's see where there's a huge advantage.

Sorry...wayyyyy off topic on early Saturday morning
It's just personal preference now go ice your balls
PolkaPower is online now  
post #521 of 678 Old 09-28-2013, 01:52 PM
KyBoy1991
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville
Posts: 689
My apologies for the rant....was out of line with the topic....but still the darn truth

Anybody got some frozen bags of broccoli???
KyBoy1991 is offline  
post #522 of 678 Old 10-05-2013, 05:35 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 21,231
Does anyone know where to buy a rebuild/repair kit for the stock 96-98 V8 injectors Siemens 53030778 ?
PolkaPower is online now  
post #523 of 678 Old 10-05-2013, 05:40 PM
ejschultz
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cedar Lake
Posts: 3,520
My buddy bought the same one listed in this thread. They don't have the plastic caps like the 703s so there are some unused parts but the filters and o-rings are the same.

01 TJ - 4.0L, NV3550, 2" Skyjacker budget boost, Xenon flat flares, LoD front bumper, Tuff Stuff rear bumper, RH4X4 sliders, 33" STT Pros on 15x8s
ejschultz is offline  
post #524 of 678 Old 10-05-2013, 05:42 PM
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 21,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
My buddy bought the same one listed in this thread. They don't have the plastic caps like the 703s so there are some unused parts but the filters and o-rings are the same.
Ok I didn't know that. So the same kit for the 703 rebuild will work on the stock injectors is what you are saying?
PolkaPower is online now  
post #525 of 678 Old 10-05-2013, 06:13 PM
ejschultz
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cedar Lake
Posts: 3,520
Yup. They work. Like I said, you're just going to have some leftover pieces.

01 TJ - 4.0L, NV3550, 2" Skyjacker budget boost, Xenon flat flares, LoD front bumper, Tuff Stuff rear bumper, RH4X4 sliders, 33" STT Pros on 15x8s
ejschultz is offline  
Reply

Tags
703 , 715 , ford , fuel injector , neon , swap

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
1998 zj 5.2 fuel injector swap 1SASjeepster ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 7 12-28-2011 06:17 PM
Injector swap? ZJPRKID ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 24 11-20-2011 04:59 PM
junkyard fuel injector swap and result karik ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 27 07-30-2011 06:10 PM
Fuel injector swap? airwolf9090 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 6 06-10-2011 05:46 AM
injector swap madhappy401 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 0 02-17-2010 05:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome