The Definitive Injector Swap HOW TO - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > The Definitive Injector Swap HOW TO

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Rear Leaf Spring (4 Leaf) Pair1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Reply
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #496
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 16,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltonflak12 View Post
Anyone know about how much the 703's are going for at the JY?
I think I got all 8 for 30- 40 bucks. Rebuild kits was 15.

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #497
coltonflak12
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

I think I got all 8 for 30- 40 bucks. Rebuild kits was 15.
Oh thats not bad at all, how do you know if they need to be rebuilt?
coltonflak12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #498
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 16,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltonflak12 View Post
Oh thats not bad at all, how do you know if they need to be rebuilt?
For one they were old and they were sitting in a junk yard with bad gas in them. lol
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #499
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 16,047
Just got 8 green Bosch 789's with harness's in the mail today. I have been running slightly rich. I think since I put in the 703's. I tested them for leaks twice and listened to them while the motor was running. They all seem to be working fine but I'm just not satisfied. We will see how the 789's work out. The 703's are rated for 23lbs P/H and the 789's are rated for 21.

If it works out I will have 8 703's for sale. They are not flow matched. I got them out of the yard and cleaned them up really well then rebuilt them with new filter baskets, pintle caps, and o rings.
screen-shot-2013-09-23-4.26.34-pm.jpg

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #500
coralman
green backs to no backs
 
coralman's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 4,438
Those are purdy Polka, Where did you get the adapter harnesses?
__________________
Move over bear.I'm tired of working on the jeep

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #501
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 16,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman View Post
Those are purdy Polka, Where did you get the adapter harnesses?
They came with them. I found them on Ebay. Super fast shipping too.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #502
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 16,047
Got the injectors in today. All I can say is that the 789's are smoother than the 703's I got from the JY and rebuilt. Acceleration is very good and pulls strong and smooth. At idle it's so smooth I had to check if I had an engine. Listening to the exhaust note purr at idle is like music. So far I love them. Looking to see if my slightly rich situation is gone. I'll know in a few days.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #503
Scopez
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Got the injectors in today. All I can say is that the 789's are smoother than the 703's I got from the JY and rebuilt. Acceleration is very good and pulls strong and smooth. At idle it's so smooth I had to check if I had an engine. Listening to the exhaust note purr at idle is like music. So far I love them. Looking to see if my slightly rich situation is gone. I'll know in a few days.
Definitely let us know. I'll gladly order 789s instead of 703s for my 5.2L.
__________________
94 ZJ Laredo. 5.2 Crate engine. 6in JKS SA Lift. 33in Destination MTs. ARB Front Bumper.
Scopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #504
KyBoy1991
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 663
Is this a difference of 6 cyl vs 8cyl or is it a mind game or has anyone else been able to verify why polka had the rich issue?

I thought these were all verified, now it seems like the 789s with the tails is a better option?????

Polka how much did you end up giving for the set?
KyBoy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #505
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 16,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyboy1991 View Post
is this a difference of 6 cyl vs 8cyl or is it a mind game or has anyone else been able to verify why polka had the rich issue?

I thought these were all verified, now it seems like the 789s with the tails is a better option?????

Polka how much did you end up giving for the set?
160-170 I'll know in the next few days at start up if it was the injectors. My exhaust was smelling a little like gas for a while now. It didn't start until I put the 703's in. I tested them for a leaks twice and they were not leaking but they are not flow tested and matched. I pulled them out of the yard and rebuilt them. On start up today with the 789's I didn't notice an unusually gas smelling exhaust but I need a few more cold start ups to be sure. Either way they are an improvement over what I had in there.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #506
KyBoy1991
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 663
So the 703s could still be the best or equally as good of an option IF the are a matched set... Cause I can get a set of them on eBay matched for $99---or could. Haven't looked for any in a long while as I haven't had the funding to consider the upgrade.
KyBoy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #507
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 16,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBoy1991 View Post
So the 703s could still be the best or equally as good of an option IF the are a matched set... Cause I can get a set of them on eBay matched for $99---or could. Haven't looked for any in a long while as I haven't had the funding to consider the upgrade.
The difference between the numbers on them are small. The plugs are different. 789 are a bit newer. I think 2000+. I have not tried a professional rebuild or new 703's so I can't compare my old ones vs the new ones. I actually looked for OEM replacements first but they were expensive. Or the ones I saw were.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #508
ejschultz
Web Wheeler
 
ejschultz's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Posts: 3,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBoy1991 View Post
Is this a difference of 6 cyl vs 8cyl or is it a mind game or has anyone else been able to verify why polka had the rich issue?

I thought these were all verified, now it seems like the 789s with the tails is a better option?????

Polka how much did you end up giving for the set?
My buddy's 4.0 started running rich after his 99+ intake and rebuilt 703s. His 703 were impedance matched. That's the reason he's going back and putting rebuilt 778s in there.
__________________
97 ZJ - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs on 15x8s
14 JKU Sport S - Stock
Build
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #509
zander21510
Lord of Retro Machines
 
zander21510's Avatar
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,810
This might be a good option for folks who can't find 703s in JYs. If you are satisfied with your results let me know I'll add 789s to OK to use with adapters
__________________
208K (5/26/14)
208k: 4/20/14; 207k: 2/6/14; 206k: 1/6/14;
2013: 197-205k; 2012: 191k-196k
My ZJ Injector Swap HowTo
zander21510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #510
PolkaPower
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Abyss, MD
Posts: 16,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by zander21510 View Post
This might be a good option for folks who can't find 703s in JYs. If you are satisfied with your results let me know I'll add 789s to OK to use with adapters
I had a lot of fun driving today. I noticed that I do not have to depress the pedal as much to get going. Especially if I am already moving and need to accelerate. I am still in shock at how smooth it idles. Not a lot of room to do any WOT runs yet. Need to get to a bigger or more deserted road. I need to adjust the TV cable again from having the TB off.

I'm not going to put the 703's back in so if anyone wants them let me know. I cleaned them with seafoam and they have new baskets, pintle caps, and O rings. There is about 2000 miles on them since the rebuild.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
703 , 715 , ford , fuel injector , neon , swap
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.