Decisions on my Lift Kit. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Decisions on my Lift Kit.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
JoeZJ1995
1995 ZJ 

Decisions on my Lift Kit.

I want to get a lift kit that will fit 32 inch tires that wouldn't rub against the fenders, im not too certain how large of a lift kit to get that will satisfy this request. The rim i have is a 15x8 with an offset of -19 and backspacing of 3.75. The tires im looking at are the BFGoodrich 32x11.5R15's. Help would be appreciated

JoeZJ1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

The FAQ says 3.5" lift and 4-4.25" backspacing on the wheels for 32s. I'm moving to wheels with the exact specs as yours and a hodgepodge 3+" lift with stock control arms. Should handle 32s no problem. 3-3.5" is high as you can go with stock arms.
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
JoeZJ1995
1995 ZJ 

So if i these wheels have a 3.75 backspacing would it rub? And i was looking at the 3.5" iro lift, is there anything id have to buy along that kit to make sure there will be no problems?
JoeZJ1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeZJ1995 View Post
So if i these wheels have a 3.75 backspacing would it rub? And i was looking at the 3.5" iro lift, is there anything id have to buy along that kit to make sure there will be no problems?
No they won't rub on the control arms when turning but they will rub on the pinch seem in the rear of the front wheel well and a little on the plastic bumper cover. Beat the pinch seam flat with a hammer and do some light trimming on the bumper cover. You will need to extend bumpstops probably so the tire doesn't hit when disconnected and stuffed off road.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

I have the 3.5" IRO coils on the rear. No problems, but they are progressive and some of the coils are always fully compressed. Like I said no problems, but if I had it to do over again I'd get standard coils.

A BB and OME HD coils will give you enough lift for 32s. You'd also need trackbars, swaybar links, bumpstops, shocks, alignment.
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.