Death Wobble Now Radio Doesnt Work?!?!?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Death Wobble Now Radio Doesnt Work?!?!?!

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 07-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
Ender42
1999 WJ 

Death Wobble Now Radio Doesnt Work?!?!?!

I got death wobble for the first time. broke the welds that i had on track bar relocation but other than that no exterior damage.

i got in and my radio had no power. checked all the connections and fuses to make sure that nothing was jarred loose and everything was fine. i even pulled the power cable and tested it with a multimeter and power was fine.

HELP

[B][SIZE="4"]76 CJ7[/SIZE][/B], 4.2l I-6, 2 inch body lift

[B]Greater love has no man than this, than he who lay down his life for his friends.[/B]
Ender42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Fuse? Also, get an adjustable track bar. Those track bar relocation brackets are just unsafe. An adjustable is the correct and safe way to go.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
Ender42
1999 WJ 

checked all the fuses they were fine.

on the track bar: i've been told that alot and now now really believe its the way to go. who's the best provider?

thanks for the help

[B]Greater love has no man than this, than he who lay down his life for his friends.[/B]
Unread 07-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

I have JKS and haven't had a problem. So other experience problems. Also, ironrockoffroad.com can do an adjustable track bar.

And doesn't the rough country come with a drop pitman arm? If so, if you go to an adjustable track bar, I would recommend taking that off and putting the stock pitman arm back on.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
Ender42
1999 WJ 

yeah ill go with jks. thats who i heard from everyone else also. yeah it comes with a new pitman arm. luckily i kept the old one.

i really appriciate the help

Unread 07-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
Cal1089
1994 ZJ 

about the radio there is a chance maybe your ground rattled lose thats what happen to me.
Cal1089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
caradiodoc

These cd-only radios are built by Alpine for Chrysler vehicles. The have some problems related to automated manufacturing techniques that once repaired, are repaired for life. Most of them can be aggravated by vehicle vibration. Loss of display and loss of radio reception are the most common issues. I've worked on thousands of Chrysler radios over the years and have only found four defective laser assemblies on these radios. Never found a bad laser on the Mitsubishi-built cd / cassette combos. Compare that to GM cd players with a 100 percent failure rate.

There are five common problems that occur to these models. When a dealer ships one to me, I address all five issues right away so their customers won't experience any of the other problems in the future. 75 bucks includes return shipping. You will end up with a much better radio than any one-size-fits-none aftermarket radio. Manufacturers spend a lot of time and money developing audio systems that work well and sound good in their various vehicles. Aftermarket radios are designed to appeal to the largest number of customers in the showroom; they are not tailored to the shape of the vehicle or the interior material. You wouldn't tear off your rear-view mirror or wiper arm and stick on a cheap universal one. Why would anyone think a universal radio would sound better than the original one?

caradiodoc
caradiodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caradiodoc View Post
Why would anyone think a universal radio would sound better than the original one?

caradiodoc
Umm because they do? The stock radios in most vehicles barely put out enough power to the speakers to make a sound. Between sound quality and options, most aftermarket radios are FAR superior than most factory stereos. Name one ZJ or WJ that came from the factory with a front USB port or even one that plays mp3's from a disc, which puts out 200 watts to the speakers? (50w x 4)

I would bet the DW shook something loose you aren't seeing. Keep checking. Probably a ground somewhere.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.