Death wobble experience - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Death wobble experience

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
jnowak
1993 ZJ 

Death wobble experience

So had to share this, wasn't in a zj but a f250 work truck. Was sent on a road trip to pick up two pallets of sod. Got up to about 45mph tapped the brakes and then thought I was going to hit the ditch. At that point I turned around. Wasn't going to attempt to haul with it doing that. Kinda laughed when it was over cause I thought about the folks, first time, on here who get dw. It was shaking so much stuff was falling out of the seat.

Turned out it needed tie Tod ends and ball joints.

jnowak is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

its because it was a ford
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
its because it was a ford
so thats 1 ford dw to a million zj's dw jeep wins.
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
HandsOn

First time I ever experienced it (before I started calling it DW) was a '67 Buick Wildcat. Great car. 40k miles when bought at 2 years old. About 10k miles later, a whole lotta shakin' going on!
Took it to a shop where the guy instantly narrowed it down to the right front tire with a bad internal belt or other internal failure.
Swapped it for a new one and away we went.

Another time was on an Early Bronco in '77, but no need to go into detail there I guess. Because it's a Ford!
I love that smiley dnuccio. Gotta get me some of them.

Paul
HandsOn is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.