Death Wobble Cured... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Death Wobble Cured...

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Closed Thread
Unread 05-19-2007, 08:52 PM   #31
Trouble Maker

1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packy
how do u adjust caster on a WJ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
tie rod ends.
I don't think so. If it's like the ZJ's it's with eccentrics on the control arms.

93 ZJ Stolen and wrecked Mar29/08
Unread 05-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #32
sandman
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packy
wait what.. Tie rod ends are for toe aint it. The guy at the place I went too said theres no caster or camber adjustments on the WJ. Was he wrong?
ooh yea my bad. caster can be adjusted if you have adjustable control arms. or ecc cams but ive learned that many 93 zjs dont have eccentric cams because it was a recalled item and the manufactuer just replaced it with another method IDK i just have a solid bolt down there. toe is TREs my bad, and most solid axel vehicles dont have camber adjustments which makes sense..
Unread 05-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #33
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunthagunth
So your DW came from the exhaust hitting the rear antisway? First time I heard of that one.
Not hitting, but ridding on it. When the pipe got twisted over like that it locked in position and that in turn locked the sway bar up. As strange as it may sound, that's what it was. It could be that we are talking about different DW's but that's what we called it. Even the cop behind us during one of these episodes asked "did something just break?" The whole thing went into convulsions like it was strapped to NASA test equipment. The rear suspension getting locked up like that can affect the whole thing. I did start at the front suspension and ended up chasing a ghost. All I'm saying is that it's worth taking a look at. It's easy to see if the pipe is twisted over or not and just eliminate that as a possibility.

I had never heard of it either, that's why it was so much fun finding it. If it was an easy find and fix, we wouldn't need a sticky.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Unread 05-21-2007, 07:26 PM   #34
gunthagunth
1997 ZJ 

I have been fighting with a few problems with DW. When following behind my zj in a car I can see the rear end doing some funky stuff when hitting bumps. Looks more like the rear squatting and shifting to the side like it is following the travel of the trackbar as its coming down. That may be shifting the weight on the front end, which is helping start the DW. After looking at the rear of the jeep I can see that the antisway is pressed against my control arm. Maybe I have to extend the rear links a bit more to gain some more clearance. Hopefully it could help out some.
97 ZJ 5.9L 242/4.5" RE Coils/1.75" Spacers/Clayton arms/Addco's/RE brake lines/35x12.5 bfg muds/Currie steering/K&N/Claytons Front Drop tracbar/Dropped pitman/Bilstein 5125's/JKS BPE/JKS loop conversion/JKS Sliders/ZJilla rear bumper/Clayton front winch bumper/durango steering box/warn 9000i/Hambek Customs carbon fiber cowl hood #2of16/Hp30-8.8 4.56/ARB f+r
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:23 PM   #35
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

i know its a big bump but i saw this in the top crawled section and thought since i had death wobble and a few others right now it would help out... and to laugh at JF members....

hunter pre moderator????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
Jeremy,

ask WVD to have this posted in the faq section. Great info.

Hunter

blaine when he had no clue....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere View Post
Does someone want to expalin exactly what Death Wobble is and exactly how often it happens... If I plain on getting a 2" BB should I just go ahead and get a OME stabilzer at the same time?
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #36
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

My grocery getter was actually hauling grocery back then.
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #37
lma1973

I had death wobble and my GCL is stock so it happens regardless of lift.
Unread 06-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #38
The_Ikon
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Great info and GREAT SITE!!!!
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.