Death Wobble after lift, alignment, and balanced tires - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Death Wobble after lift, alignment, and balanced tires

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #31
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDickle
Forgive me if this was mentioned before which I really didn't see but man you caster is horrible. The way you caster is right now is like having the front end of a shopping cart. You need to adress that issue ASAP. Stock specs are 7 degrees of caster and yours is no where near that. I just did an alignment on my jeep after work last night check out my readings. My right side Camber is off in the picture because of play in the wheel bearing. But your upper ball joint should be behind the upper you have way to much negative caster and that greatly affects the driveability
Yeah I JuST installed the lift, and I'm waiting on my adjustable control arms to fix the caster lol

www.youtube.com/pharis88

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1...hread-1507279/
PHARIS88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #32
DickDickle
1996 ZJ 

I have 3.5 Rustys offroad springs front and rear with my zj and I just had to switch back to stock arms in the front because my aftermarket arms need new bushings. That's why I did the alignment. Did the place that did you alignment even touch the caster bolts? That read out is horrible. The one I pictured is with 3.5 springs adjustable track bar and stock lower and upper arms. Stock arms can be used up to at least a 4.5 inch lift
DickDickle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #33
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
I have 3.5 Rustys offroad springs front and rear with my zj and I just had to switch back to stock arms in the front because my aftermarket arms need new bushings. That's why I did the alignment. Did the place that did you alignment even touch the caster bolts? That read out is horrible. The one I pictured is with 3.5 springs adjustable track bar and stock lower and upper arms
Im sitting at about 4" and honestly I highly doubt they did anything besides the toe, and take my $45. I will be going to another shop to do my final alignment, that's for sure, after I install the adjustable control arms of course.

www.youtube.com/pharis88

Unread 05-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #34
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

The tech which was a 18 year old kid said he did do the caster but couldn't get it any better... Idk but I'm glad I bought adjustables just waiting on them to show up. And I'm sitting at 4.25" of lift.

www.youtube.com/pharis88

Unread 05-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #35
DickDickle
1996 ZJ 

There's the first problem. 18 year olds are not technicians
DickDickle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #36
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
There's the first problem. 18 year olds are not technicians
Yeah don't ever go to kwik kar for an alignment lol

www.youtube.com/pharis88

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.