Dead zj (AGAIN) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Dead zj (AGAIN)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 08-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #16
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

So have you checked for codes?
I would maybe do that first. The Jeep can hold onto codes, some think it cannot unless its an OBDII, but mine did when my tps was bad on my YJ. There was no CEL, but there was a code.
Anyway, do the key trick and see if there are any codes, remember 12 and 55 don't mean anything important.

[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #17
Derph
1994 ZJ 

I would do an injected test next if it were me. Sounds like you have some spark and air. All that's left is fuel.
Derph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #18
98mopar
1998 ZJ 

Well after much debate, I decided to go out and get a new coil. $42 and a hour drive, I replace the coil. And guess what. It started.

But I did notice that there is a crack in the insulation of the old (week old) coil. And I remember specifically looking at it, and the crack was not there before.

So I may have some sort of ground issue, overheating my coil or something. Not sure, but it runs, so I can get it back to my shop monday.
98mopar is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.