DASH PAD Removal,Repair or Replacement for 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > DASH PAD Removal,Repair or Replacement for 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Get DBA Brake Rotors From ExtremeTerrain.com!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 12-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
CAMZJ1988
1995 ZJ 

DASH PAD Removal,Repair or Replacement for 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hi so yesterday i tried to install one of those fake car alarm blinking led lights in my in my light control panel. You know just to simulate a Car Alarm anyways it turns out i had to remove the Dash Pad to be able to remove the bottom part of the drivers console which holds the Light Control Panel. so i remove the the dash pad screws from the glove box,center console and gauge cluster.(whoever designed the removal of the lower controls was an idiot)

So i get all the screws out and tug tug since it appears now that the dash pad should come off well it then cracks. It really sucks to because i never was able to install the red blinker so i broke my dash pad for nothing man i can't tell you how pissed i was i wish i had a time machine i tell you oh well in a way it was my fault. But this Dash Pad was perfect i mean it looks like it did when the car rolled off the assembly in 1995 and now it has got some ugly *** cracks.

So i called oem parts they gave me a part number 5EJ78RF8 made (1992-95) Turns out the Part is discontinued of course. The Color is "Driftwood" I always called it Tan or Beige i found one 2 on ebay one has cracks and the other one doesn't now actually these cracks aren't that bad is it possible to fill them in with something and repaint the dash pad???

Where would i get a Color of paint to match the original color of "Driftwood"???

worse case scenario i can't find a perfect condition dash pad anywhere online (I know i won't find a perfect one at a scrapyard) I guess i will proceed with filling the cracks and repainting it.

By the way you guys i followed the haynes repair manual but they really don't give you any removal information for the Dash Pad i swear. How do you actually remove it????? see i never even got it off just unscrewed and lifted up.

Your help on where i could get a perfect condition replacement,How to Repair Fill in and Paint the dash pad??? where and what kind of stuff i need to repair the dash??? and how to correctly remove and reinstall the dash pad??? Would be Greatly Appreciated.

I guess what pisses me off the most is i broke a perfect i mean it was like assembly line condition dash pad trying to install a $1 blinker light which i never even installed

CAMZJ1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.