Dana 30 Carrier Bearing Part # - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Dana 30 Carrier Bearing Part #

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-20-2008, 07:29 AM   #1
ntaousakis
1999 WJ 

Dana 30 Carrier Bearing Part #

Anyone have a Timken part number, or any in that matter for the carrier bearings for a Dana 30 from a WJ. How can you tell if they are worn out, I am putting new pinion bearings on, along with the races of course, and since I am going to a buddy about an hour away to use his press, im thinking of doing the carrier bearings along with it.

Any specific signs I can see or feel on the bearing. It seems pretty smooth, but looks like there is a lot of play in the bearing.

Unread 05-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
Apaetzold
1994 ZJ 

carrier bearing play

Looks 5 yrs too late, I don't know the specs for the endplay anyway.
Apaetzold is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.