Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

CV to U-Joint write up?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  FPKites 
#1 ·
i was wondering if there was a write up on how to covert dana 30 that has CV axles to a U-Joint style axle

or do i just need to get u joint axles and install them:confused:

#3 ·
Before you do it, you should PM zaq123(Ilya). He has Quadratrac and converted to ujoints and wasn't too happy with the way they interact. The ujoints are not as smooth as the CV.

Phil :wave:

#4 ·
:agree:

I talked to Kolak, and he talked me out of going to ujoints. I just got a CV axle shaft from him for $120 shipped. He said we get bindage with the CV system, but the bindage is even worse with ujoints. That CV joint is stronger than you think.

#5 ·
well ok from your input i will stay with the CV joints :thumbsup:

thanks for your input

#7 ·
I remember reading somewhere that the only conversion that seems to work for u-joints is with the 231 TC.

#8 ·
dpierson said:
I remember reading somewhere that the only conversion that seems to work for u-joints is with the 231 TC.
No - 242s are fine also.

Phil

#9 ·
Sorry - didn't specify in my response that I was talking to Kolak about the 249. He said it can be done, but it's really not a good idea...on the 249, that is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.