CV Axle and Bearings or Axle Only??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > CV Axle and Bearings or Axle Only???

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 08-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
tahoe9813

CV Axle and Bearings or Axle Only???

It looks like my front pass CV boot is shot. The driver's is good, but I'm going to go ahead and replace them both.

Since I'm going to disassemble everything, I was wondering if I should just go ahead and spring for the wheel bearings at the same time.

The car (97 ZJ Orvis) has 173k miles on it.

Thanks for the $0.02.

Ben

tahoe9813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Kkash920
1995 ZJ 

if I was you I would highly recommend changing them with the cv axle! its a very very common problem check your you joints to
Kkash920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
zarnold
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoe9813 View Post
It looks like my front pass CV boot is shot. The driver's is good, but I'm going to go ahead and replace them both.

Since I'm going to disassemble everything, I was wondering if I should just go ahead and spring for the wheel bearings at the same time.

The car (97 ZJ Orvis) has 173k miles on it.

Thanks for the $0.02.

Ben
With that kind of mileage, most definitely! Your probably going to want to replace the hub assembly.

http://www.discountbodyparts.com/cat...cid=productads
zarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
jabba974
1996 ZJ 

Might as well...you don't want to have to do the job again in a month...
jabba974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.