Cutlass Death Wobble UPDATE! READ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cutlass Death Wobble UPDATE! READ

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 07-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #16
neonhomer
1996 ZJ 

If 1/8" toe in didn't work, try 1/8" toe out. I had the same issue with my ZJ, and a little preloading of the tires helped.

Also, some food for thought. I am on a 3" lift, w/ 31" tires, stock suspension arms and such. I switched to the V8 ZJ steering arms. Since my toe setting was now changed, my DW came back.

Recently, I picked up a set of used, aftermarket LCA's (they are about 1/4-1/2" longer than stock), and an adjustable front track bar. I put the LCA's in and the track bar, and the DW seems to be non-existent!

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4.0L/42RE/242 - Rebuilt motor w/ Comp cam (4/12), 3.5" Junkyard F>R lift, 31x10.5.x15 M/T's, Spartan Locked D44a, TC & tank skids, F&R adj trackbars, V8 steering arms
Galaxy DX99V CB, 102" SS Whip, Yaesu FT-2900R 2m, Larsen 1/4w mag mount, Sony HU, Massive 3way - F Door, Pioneer 3way - R Doors, MB Quart ONX304 Subs (x2), Lanzar 1600w amp.

"No Matter Where You Go... There You Are."
"Oh me oh my a lovely day is dawning. Oh what a joy I didn't wake up dead. So I can go to work and then resume my yawning, and get my sleep on site instead of in my bed" - Daria Morgendorffer (with my twist)
neonhomer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #17
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Did you try lying under the vehicle to observe operational movement while someone rocked the steering wheel back and forth?
1HouseMouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #18
gothchick
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markt800 View Post
hi i'm new here but have cured the worst DW anyone has ever seen. i changed everything i mean everything and had so much smoke blown up my A$$ i'm farting rings for life. the worst thing i did was buying "kevins track bar DW cure" what a joke. he sends you the softest bushings on the market and then charges almost fifty bucks for harder ones. anyhow i'm done talking about my poor investments let me tell you what fixed my DW 100% CURRIE 1 TON STEERING its not cheap but i promise its your problem. please don't put any more money into this problem until you get this steering.
Really?? I ordered some e-suspension poly bushings from kevin. Seem pretty solid to me. And work well.

Finished 4x2 --> 4x4 conversion.
gothchick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #19
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HouseMouse
Did you try lying under the vehicle to observe operational movement while someone rocked the steering wheel back and forth?
I recommended this too OP never said anything, guess he wants to keep throwing money at it. X3 again, crawl under and have someone move the steering wheel! Even if things seem tight and good, when stuff starts moving you might see things that are not supposed to move.
johnridesjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #20
Cutlass
1994 ZJ 

i have had 4 different people lay under my truck while i played with the steering wheel... everythings tight beacuse i replaced it all its either cracked in the uni-body or who knowss
Built Not Bought #520
Cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #21
Cutlass
1994 ZJ 

iam starting to think that since my right wheel components are all new tht my left wheel could be the culprit
Built Not Bought #520
Cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.