Custom t-case shifter knob *PICS* - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Custom t-case shifter knob *PICS*

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 01-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
GibsJeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Custom t-case shifter knob *PICS*

I wanted something different so I went with this. I bought the ball, sent the ball to a man named Bruce of Koolknobs.com and he modified it for the t-case shifter lever in my Jeep. Most of his customers are classic car/muscle car/hot rod enthusiast, but he can pretty much make a custom knob for anything.

On the WJ, underneath the t-case knob is a little rod that serves as part of the mechanism when pushing the lever down to shift into 4lo. Because of that little rod, Bruce had to figure out the best way to make this application work since he hasn't seen a shifter lever like that before. The little rod only serves a purpose in the 242 (push down to shift into 4lo), since I have the 247, this custom knob wont interfere with the shifting mechanism.

I had the option of a set screw adapter, or glue on. I went with set screw in case if I do ever swap in a 242 . To me the adapter is a little bulky, but thats alright. Im also thinking about getting the adapter black oxide.

Check out his website and the sample pics of his work, pretty cool stuff --> www.koolknobs.com.

Eventually I'll get one of the full blown custom resin knobs now that I've got a threaded adapter .

Also heres a thread I started asking what the hell that little rod was for--> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/what-under-transfer-case-shifter-knob-pic-637702/

Unread 01-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

Clean that center console man.

Looks good though
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
Jones
Consider the following...

I like how it's actually an eight ball, pretty cool.
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
GibsJeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorayde View Post
Clean that center console man.

Looks good though
Yeah I know, it gets so dirty when I stroll through the mall parking lot with the windows down . But seriously its not that bad to the naked eye, the flash from the camera amplifies the dirt .

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ZJones- View Post
I like how it's actually an eight ball, pretty cool.

Its easier to shift too since it sits about 1.5'' higher.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.