currie JJ in an IRO track bar - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > currie JJ in an IRO track bar

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #16
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

ok, so i ordered this stuff on friday from ruffstuff. I had to order another 7/8x7/8 heim to finish parts for my front and rear links as well. I called and talked to Dan, He was nice enough to sub the smaller tube bung into my pair so i could keep my kit discount he was running.
I then had the epiphany that all Ruffstuffs misalingment spacers are for 2" mounting width and IRO's bracket is 1.75". So I called Dan back a few minutes ago and we discussed this. He said it will take a while but they may as well start stocking misalignments for 1.75" mounting widths. THis is probably a good idea because alot of the pre made bracket guys build in this dimension and they are probably loosing rod end business over a 2$ misalignment spacer....

Any who, It was "OK" ed that i just grind down the 2" misalignments equally to the 1.75" mounting width since a Panhard only needs about 6* of rotation anyways....just an update

Unread 04-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #17
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
IRO is easy and cheaper.

its always easy to say shoulda gone claytons. but from what i see the only benefit is the Johnny Joints...... and for twice the price, not sure if that is worth it, when i can put JJs on anything anyways
Try again on the math:

IRO premium long-arm kit: $2,499.99
Clayton long-arm kit: $2,999.00

Yes, the IRO kit comes with D0uche Tech shocks but who cares . . . you need to pay an extra $250 to get real shocks.

I don't know any guys running Clayton's stuff who are wasting time retrofitting components . . .
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #18
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I was referring to the critical path kit. Just the front long arms
Ones bolt one ones not thats the major cost diff.

Im done with off the shelf stuff: I build it myself now

RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #19
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

I've got the stuff from ruffstuff....just been busy
Unread 02-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #20
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Today I converted my track bar frame bushing to a heim joint. Having bushings on both ends gave me some steering slop and they were just to soft for my taste.
So....
1 iron rock off road double sheer adjustable track bar

7/8" heim

Drilled some plug weld holes in a properly sized Dom sleeve

Then welded it up along with the threaded bung

Done
Unread 02-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #21
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
IRO is easy and cheaper.

its always easy to say shoulda gone claytons. but from what i see the only benefit is the Johnny Joints...... and for twice the price, not sure if that is worth it, when i can put JJs on anything anyways

I'm running the Clayton's track bar . The JJ is huge . The axle end uses a clevite stock style bushing and can be had in a HD version . Twice the price , twice the product !!

I'd buy IRO short arms because good for a good price is a no brainer . Not much else . Never used the track bar , anyone who knows me on here should know my opinion on poly bushings

I'm 100% with Technohead . That don't happen too often I ran RE arms and had bushing failure issues . Bought IRO LA's and had fitment issues with no help from IRO . Ran a few JKS products with no issues , and Clayton's , well , that's just where I should have started . Comparison of their product to any other , it's obvious , they are the best . It's one of those cases where expensive ends up paying for itself .

Nice job speedbucket !!
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 06:54 AM   #22
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfieZJ View Post
. . . I'm 100% with Technohead . That don't happen too often . . .
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.