currie JJ in an IRO track bar - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > currie JJ in an IRO track bar

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #16
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

ok, so i ordered this stuff on friday from ruffstuff. I had to order another 7/8x7/8 heim to finish parts for my front and rear links as well. I called and talked to Dan, He was nice enough to sub the smaller tube bung into my pair so i could keep my kit discount he was running.
I then had the epiphany that all Ruffstuffs misalingment spacers are for 2" mounting width and IRO's bracket is 1.75". So I called Dan back a few minutes ago and we discussed this. He said it will take a while but they may as well start stocking misalignments for 1.75" mounting widths. THis is probably a good idea because alot of the pre made bracket guys build in this dimension and they are probably loosing rod end business over a 2$ misalignment spacer....

Any who, It was "OK" ed that i just grind down the 2" misalignments equally to the 1.75" mounting width since a Panhard only needs about 6* of rotation anyways....just an update

Unread 04-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #17
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
IRO is easy and cheaper.

its always easy to say shoulda gone claytons. but from what i see the only benefit is the Johnny Joints...... and for twice the price, not sure if that is worth it, when i can put JJs on anything anyways
Try again on the math:

IRO premium long-arm kit: $2,499.99
Clayton long-arm kit: $2,999.00

Yes, the IRO kit comes with D0uche Tech shocks but who cares . . . you need to pay an extra $250 to get real shocks.

I don't know any guys running Clayton's stuff who are wasting time retrofitting components . . .
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #18
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I was referring to the critical path kit. Just the front long arms
Ones bolt one ones not thats the major cost diff.

Im done with off the shelf stuff: I build it myself now
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 04:58 AM   #19
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

I've got the stuff from ruffstuff....just been busy
Unread 02-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #20
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Today I converted my track bar frame bushing to a heim joint. Having bushings on both ends gave me some steering slop and they were just to soft for my taste.
So....
1 iron rock off road double sheer adjustable track bar

7/8" heim

Drilled some plug weld holes in a properly sized Dom sleeve

Then welded it up along with the threaded bung

Done
Unread 02-08-2014, 10:19 PM   #21
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
IRO is easy and cheaper.

its always easy to say shoulda gone claytons. but from what i see the only benefit is the Johnny Joints...... and for twice the price, not sure if that is worth it, when i can put JJs on anything anyways

I'm running the Clayton's track bar . The JJ is huge . The axle end uses a clevite stock style bushing and can be had in a HD version . Twice the price , twice the product !!

I'd buy IRO short arms because good for a good price is a no brainer . Not much else . Never used the track bar , anyone who knows me on here should know my opinion on poly bushings

I'm 100% with Technohead . That don't happen too often I ran RE arms and had bushing failure issues . Bought IRO LA's and had fitment issues with no help from IRO . Ran a few JKS products with no issues , and Clayton's , well , that's just where I should have started . Comparison of their product to any other , it's obvious , they are the best . It's one of those cases where expensive ends up paying for itself .

Nice job speedbucket !!
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #22
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfieZJ View Post
. . . I'm 100% with Technohead . That don't happen too often . . .
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.