Currie Currectlync on ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Currie Currectlync on ZJ

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

Currie Currectlync on ZJ

I am looking into getting a currie steering set up for my zj. I currently have a rugged ridge cross-over steering setup, with poly spacers in the tres to prevent tie rod roll. I dont mind the set up but it is eatting up the tie rod end at the pitman arm because of the angle, requiring me to get a drop pitman arm to lessen the angle(dont really want to do). My question is since the currie is set up like the stock setup but obviously beefier, there should be no problem with that running at the 4.5in lift I am at now, correct?
Thanks in advance.

3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Future mods: hp30, 8.8 swap, IRO's 5.5 Critcal Path Kit

ZJ_Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
bjl95mustang
1998 ZJ 

Look into iron rock offroad's steering setup. I just got it yesterday.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=ZST

4.5" Lift: RE 4.5" springs,Iro rear 3.5 springs+1" spacer, RE shocks, All adjustable arms, IRO front track bar and HD bracket, Rear jks track bar, 1-Ton Steering, 242 tc, 33x12.5x15 GoodYear wrangler silent tires, 15" rock crawler rims, Aussie Locker For My 44A, 760X u-joint front axles.

Soon to come Lock Right Front Locker.

Jeep Inferno member #10

Texas Jeep Club Member #78
bjl95mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
CLNinja
1993 ZJ 

i also have the Iron Rock Offroad setup

heres mine

[color="#003300"]Matt[/COLOR]
[color="white"][CENTER][size="1"]
[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434081"][color="white"]Click Here For My Build Thread[/COLOR][/url]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][B]**September 2009 Grand Cherokee Of The Month**[/B]
[SIZE="2"][url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123"][color="white"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #88[/COLOR][/url][/SIZE][/CENTER]
CLNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

I was thinking about that but I am unaware if Pennsylvania has an inspection issue with the heims. I will have to check and see.
3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Unread 07-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

I personally know of two guys running the Currie system on ZJs with 6"+ of lift without problems. Seems like a nice piece from what I hear.
'51 CJ-3A

RyanZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
CLNinja
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanZJ View Post
I personally know of two guys running the Currie system on ZJs with 6"+ of lift without problems. Seems like a nice piece from what I hear.
yeap ... the Currie was one of the ones i was choosing from... a great steering setup
[color="#003300"]Matt[/COLOR]
[color="white"][CENTER][size="1"]
[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434081"][color="white"]Click Here For My Build Thread[/COLOR][/url]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][B]**September 2009 Grand Cherokee Of The Month**[/B]
[SIZE="2"][url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123"][color="white"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #88[/COLOR][/url][/SIZE][/CENTER]
CLNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 02:01 AM   #7
sandman
1993 ZJ 

ive got the curry set up sitting in my garage right now, well its actually hybrid. IRO tie rod and Currie drag link, just got the drag link the other day, if your looking for a better set up for less do it the way i did.

Currie complete set up: $400
IRO/Currie complete set up: $350

not a huge savings but its a better set up because the tie rod ends are smaller. smaller tie rods sound bad but smaller tie rod ends means thicker tie rod neck, the only place ive ever seen the currie set up break is at the tierods, the neck broke.

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5491
Unread 07-12-2009, 05:02 AM   #8
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

Well guys thanks for the info. The currie system I can get is about $350 shipped. I think I am going to give that route a try since my zj is a dual duty daily driver and weekend warrior. I am going to send back the pitman arm I ordered from iro($159) and sell off my steering I have now and it should supplement most of this purchase.
Thanks again for all of the info, I knew I could count on you guys.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.