Cruise Servo Vacuum Line - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cruise Servo Vacuum Line

Jeep Liberty Window RegulatorJeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 05-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

Cruise Servo Vacuum Line

The cruise servo vacuum line on my '97 5.2L Laredo has broken and I found out the hard way that the elbows you can get from your local parts store will last around a month and then split apart as the fitting on the servo is larger than the elbows are designed for. Does anyone happen to know the factory part # for the line or just happen to have the elbow part of the line with enough vacuum line still attached that I can splice it in place that they would be willing to part with?

smccloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Mine actually broke and I was able to use some heat shrink tubing to fix it. Do you have the old one? Shall I upload a pic of what I did?
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
Mine actually broke and I was able to use some heat shrink tubing to fix it. Do you have the old one? Shall I upload a pic of what I did?
The old one was in the back seat, but it appears that one of my nieces thought it was a toy and is no longer there

I'll look again tonight, if I can find it then I can just use some vacuum couplings to fix it. If worse comes to worse, I'll call up my dad to see if he can at least get me a part # to look up online (don't want to rely on him to get it since we aren't on the best terms right now).
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
StPaul59
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smccloud View Post
The old one was in the back seat, but it appears that one of my nieces thought it was a toy and is no longer there

I'll look again tonight, if I can find it then I can just use some vacuum couplings to fix it. If worse comes to worse, I'll call up my dad to see if he can at least get me a part # to look up online (don't want to rely on him to get it since we aren't on the best terms right now).
Some small diamater rubber hose would work also.
StPaul59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

And the factory part # is 52078684, but it isn't available anymore and I can't find out if it supersedes via Google
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Junk yard?
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
Junk yard?
Going to have to, just gotta find the closest junk yard to me first. One I normally go to is 90 miles away
Unread 05-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

I replumbed that entire line with small vacuum hose (3/16" I think) and and a plastic tee from NAPA
HighLonesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #9
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

I found the piece of the factory line where it came out of the tee, using that a elbow from O'Reilly & some electrical tape (just to make sure it doesn't come apart) it is working.
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

I used rubber hose, not those elbows. I keep a few inches of it in my spare tire cover as a back up.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.