Cruise not working/AC not working correctly: Need Vacuum line diagram - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cruise not working/AC not working correctly: Need Vacuum line diagram

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
JoshuaDHarp
1997 ZJ 

Cruise not working/AC not working correctly: Need Vacuum line diagram

After doing some research, I found that if the air conditioning is not working correctly then it could be a vacuum line, and a problem vacuum line could cause issues with the cruise control.

I am having both of these issues. There is a line by the battery that looks like it may be broken partially (it's dark can't really tell right now). Is this a vacuum line? And if so what is the best way to repair?

Anyone have a diagram?

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4
v6

JoshuaDHarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #2
JoshuaDHarp
1997 ZJ 

Ok I decided to fix it tonight.

I found a line by the battery and it was rotted at the end, it did have a hole in it.

I cut off the end of the hose and reconnected. Cruise is now working as well as the air. The true test will be when the wife takes it on the highway with full air on. Normally it would cut out under higher RPM's. But the cruise is fixed at least.
JoshuaDHarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Khun

josh,

hey man I'm having the same problem, do you have a picture of the line by the battery? Or a description of how the line looks? Please and thanks.
Khun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
TewSmooth18
1997 ZJ 

The line he is probably talking about is like a hard plastic line that runs on the passenger side by the battery back to the firewall and has a T fitting on it..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.