Cruise control, power seats, power locks, don't work. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cruise control, power seats, power locks, don't work.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREE

Unread 01-17-2010, 06:36 AM   #1
Metzroth
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Cruise control, power seats, power locks, don't work.

OK, I just bought my 93 limited and it has lots of electrical issues that need taken care of. MY dual power seats don't work, my cruise control doesn't work right, and my power locks don't work. The weird thing is that my PW do work, my cruise will work as long as I am holding down the set button, and I can hear a relay flipping under the dash when i hit the PL switch. I know some of this has been addressed, BUT I didn't find anything about cruise control maintaining speed if you hold down the set button. Any advice?

2000 XJ Classic - 33" GY Duratracs, 15x10 Cragar V5s, Crown HD springs, Clayton adjustable shackles, OME Nitrocharger Sport Long Travel Shocks, JKS Discos, extended brake lines, 2" poly spacers in front with V8 ZJ springs, Powerslot Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Hella E-Code headlight housings, Narva 100/130 Bulbs, Olympic Top Hat Rack, etc.
Metzroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2010, 06:46 AM   #2
SDO
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzroth View Post
OK, I just bought my 93 limited and it has lots of electrical issues that need taken care of. MY dual power seats don't work, my cruise control doesn't work right, and my power locks don't work. The weird thing is that my PW do work, my cruise will work as long as I am holding down the set button, and I can hear a relay flipping under the dash when i hit the PL switch. I know some of this has been addressed, BUT I didn't find anything about cruise control maintaining speed if you hold down the set button. Any advice?
I don't have specific experiance with the Cherokee but I have had several old vehicles.
When things start acting strange with electrical components I take all the connectors apart and spray with electrical contact cleaner spray.
You may even find some corroded contacts. If I find corrosion on the connector I will try to clean with the spray and a Q-tip. If it is too bad I will replace the connector.
Current loss due to bad connectors can make strange things happen with the electrical components.
If your jeep has been exposed to water in the engine compartment it may be more common.
SDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
Metzroth
2000 XJ Cherokee 

That could possibly be the problem BUT I'm sure there are other things I should probably check first. This is a ZJ however not an XJ just to make that clear. I figure there are probably fuses, relays, switches, etc to check first, I just would like to know how to go about checking them. As far as fuses and relays, what are their specific locations and what is the procedure for checking the relays? I did search for a solution but I wasn't able to find anything similar to this. Thanks for the response SDO.
2000 XJ Classic - 33" GY Duratracs, 15x10 Cragar V5s, Crown HD springs, Clayton adjustable shackles, OME Nitrocharger Sport Long Travel Shocks, JKS Discos, extended brake lines, 2" poly spacers in front with V8 ZJ springs, Powerslot Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Hella E-Code headlight housings, Narva 100/130 Bulbs, Olympic Top Hat Rack, etc.
Metzroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.