Cruise control linked to battery - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cruise control linked to battery

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Advance Adapters SYE KitsKOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 11-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
indept
2000 WJ 

Cruise control linked to battery

Found something interesting. For about 2 years now my cruise control would take 2 or 3 hits of the set button to engage or I would have to hold the set for about 30 seconds until I felt it kick in. I noticed last year that my battery was getting weak. During the colder days below 30 degrees it would crank real slow and in warmer weather it was OK. I clean the terminals regularly so it wasn't that. Anywhose, I noticed that when the morning temps got to the low 50's this year, the engine was cranking real slow so before it left me stranded, I got a new 850 CCA battery last week. Ever since then the cruise control has been working perfectly just like it did when I first got the Jeep. The control circuit must be sensitive to a slightly lower voltage assuming that with the older warn battery, the alternator was working harder & probably regulated at a slightly lower voltage. Just an FYI

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.