Crazy Serpintine Belt Squeaking - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-16-2017, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Snappled

Crazy Serpintine Belt Squeaking

I have a 95 ZJ with a 318 magnum V8.

I've had this issue for a long *** time now and it's really driving me crazy . I have basically a new motor I put in, but yet my belt gets stretched after replacing it then driving a bit.

I've replaced - Belt tensioner, Alternator, Power steering pump, idler pulley, water pump, (newer) AC

Nothing is noticeably out of align but my belt gets stretched somehow then it sounds like it start slipping on my idler pulley???

I really don't know what to do anymore and I've spent like 100$+ just on different belts for them all to just slip.

Can somebody help me out and tell me what I'm missing here to fix it?

Last edited by Snappled; 01-16-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-16-2017, 01:12 PM
hubis

Uhhhh... I replaced AC bearing with nachi org. new tensioner pulley, middle pulley, water pump and new belt. Ehhh, three days, and i have this belt noise tooo. I ordered now gates belt, maybe dayco is not good enough. The best belt i had, was made by Continental. But it was not avialble anymore.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-16-2017, 02:49 PM
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Since neither of you have told us what year and engine you have it's kinda hard to diagnose.

So I will assume you both have a 1978 Ford Cortina. Did you get the I4, the V6, or the I6?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1984 F250, 460 BB, T19, work truck/future tow pig
1987 Mercedes 300D Turbo, the diesel daily, 30mpg in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.

post #4 of 5 Old 01-16-2017, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Snappled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Since neither of you have told us what year and engine you have it's kinda hard to diagnose.

So I will assume you both have a 1978 Ford Cortina. Did you get the I4, the V6, or the I6?
Thanks for mentioning this, I will update my thread. I have a 1995 - 318 magnum V8. It has a automatic tensioner
post #5 of 5 Old 01-17-2017, 05:40 AM
jeepjeepster

Replaced the idler pulley?

I was going to say power steering pulley or bracket but I think the 95 had the steel PS pulley.

Either way, also check the power steering bracket for cracks.

1994 ZJ-I6 w/216,000 mi
1998 ZJ 5.9 w/65,155 mi Slate Black
2004 KJ w/90,300 mi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.