Couple of questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Couple of questions

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
matholland
1998 ZJ 

Couple of questions

Alright guys...couple of things on my list...

First, my AC compressor has been squeeling ever since I got the jeep....only happens when the compressor kicks on...has new belt, has new idler pulley...I know its the compressor...I have never replaced the bearings/clutch in a compressor...from my understanding...you do not have to drain the coolant and refill it correct?

Second...my power steering pump is leaking at the bottom where it connects to the tie rod or whatever...Do I need to replace the whole power steering pump, or is there just a seal there you can replace?

3rd...there is something in my jeep draining my battery and not sure what it is...how can I go about figuring this out??

4th...Rear main is leaking a bit...how bad of a pain is it to replace?

5th...Rear wiper does not work...replaced motor and still doesn't work...it will spray windshied wiper fluid...electrical i guess??

6th...I would like to wire a switch inside of my jeep to control my winch...have saw it done, just don't know how to do it.

7th...Most of the time when it starts...especially cold, it kind of struggles to start...but I know when it is warm, my remote start will not start it...it turns over, but it thinks it starts and does not...it has new plugs, new wires, cap, and rotor...not sure what else it would be?

matholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=matholland;14948440]Alright guys...couple of things on my list...

First, my AC compressor has been squeeling ever since I got the jeep....only happens when the compressor kicks on...has new belt, has new idler pulley...I know its the compressor...I have never replaced the bearings/clutch in a compressor...from my understanding...you do not have to drain the coolant and refill it correct?
You do not have to drain and refill it. You may need to have it serviced and have oil added to the system.

Second...my power steering pump is leaking at the bottom where it connects to the tie rod or whatever...Do I need to replace the whole power steering pump, or is there just a seal there you can replace?

This would be the steering box and not the pump. Yes there are seals available to fix the leak. As a temporary fix you can try putting one capful of brake fluid into the ps pump.

[QUOTE]

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
matholland
1998 ZJ 

Do you have to have any special tools to change out the bearings and the clutch? Also the steering box seal, what is that seal called? I have tried lucas power steering leak already with no avail.
matholland is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.