could this lift kit for zj's be better than IRO? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > could this lift kit for zj's be better than IRO?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing our NEW JK tail light adapter wiring harness!!

Unread 08-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
ZJboondox
1993 ZJ 

could this lift kit for zj's be better than IRO?

I am searching for a lift kit and i came across this kit from topgun customs.
i originally had my mind set on IRO's 3.5"kit for my 93 zj 4.0L should i stick with that or go with the tuff country from top gun? the IRO kit is $548.96 shipped and that with the t-case drop kit and SS added on.

http://store.topguncustomz.com/Store...059&i=25474216

tuff country lift kit of 3.5"
4 coil springs
4 lower controll arms with bushings (front and rear)
front and rear trac bar bracket
hardwear bag
$530 not includeing shock's,SS or t-case drop kit

the only bad thing is that shocks are sold seperatly

Unread 08-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
rugermack
1995 ZJ 

Your going to find that most kits are not complete. The IRO kit doesn't have adjustable control arms, but has the trac bars, the TC kit needs shocks, and track bars, adjustable control arms. If you going to lift 3.5 and never do long arms, you might want adjustable short ca's. Either way you look at it you'll spend over a $1000 to do it right.
95' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 148k, 5.2, NP242, 46RH, 4" RC lift, all new adjustable ca's(2 IRO front uppers and the rest RC adjustables), nitro shocks, JKS TB's, Jet Chip, Dynamax cat back, Magnaflow cat, GTP hood vents. 31" Pro Comps with Rock Krawler "D"s. Westin brush/grill guard with Hella 500s, 411's, Solid diff covers, detroit locker rear, power lock in front, SYE and Tom Wood's front/rear shafts, RE discos, BPE's, d-rings front and back, factory tc and rad skid, hitch, Sliders next.
03' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, (wifes Jeep) 99k, 4.7 5 speed auto, K&N, KYB shocks, drilled-slotted rotors, All the toys.
2000' Ford Superduty, F250, 7.3, 198K, 37's, too much to list.

Built Not Bought #257

Parts for sale d30 and d35 parts http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/...-parts-1004499
rugermack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
ZJboondox
1993 ZJ 

that is true,very true but also i don't really do any hardcore offroading and such. just alot of hunting,camping ,fishing, some mud spots. no places to really flex it out around here where i live just really light stuff and alot of sand.lol will that still need CA's? i will buy them later on but are they a "need to have right now" type deal?
Unread 08-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

it's not about hardcore offroading, it's about riding comfortably and not having stuff wear out extra quickly.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
BDS-Tech

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJboondox View Post
I am searching for a lift kit and i came across this kit from topgun customs.
i originally had my mind set on IRO's 3.5"kit for my 93 zj 4.0L should i stick with that or go with the tuff country from top gun? the IRO kit is $548.96 shipped and that with the t-case drop kit and SS added on.

http://store.topguncustomz.com/Store...059&i=25474216

tuff country lift kit of 3.5"
4 coil springs
4 lower controll arms with bushings (front and rear)
front and rear trac bar bracket
hardwear bag
$530 not includeing shock's,SS or t-case drop kit

the only bad thing is that shocks are sold seperatly

Hey Just thought I would give you something else for you to look at.

http://www.bds-suspension.com/kits/446H

I have had a lot of guys who use their Jeeps for moderate to light off road really enjoy the ride and performance of the BDS 3" lift. There are plenty of lady Jeepers out there that have thanked me for suggesting this kit for them. Here are a couple of pics, let me know if you need anything else.
zj-3-034301-034208.jpg   jeep_zj_s93.jpg  

tech@bds-suspension.com
phone: 517-279-2135

http://www.bds-suspension.com/
BDS-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDS-Tech View Post
Hey Just thought I would give you something else for you to look at.

http://www.bds-suspension.com/kits/446H

I have had a lot of guys who use their Jeeps for moderate to light off road really enjoy the ride and performance of the BDS 3" lift. There are plenty of lady Jeepers out there that have thanked me for suggesting this kit for them. Here are a couple of pics, let me know if you need anything else.
Looks nice!

Adj trackbars and longer rear swaybar links would be nice IMO. And show the shock comp/ext lengths.
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
Kolak
Vendor

You have a 1993 ZJ - unless you've replaced your control arm bushings you will have some that are cracked and rotted on a vehicle that's over 15 years old. Lifting your Jeep increases the likelihood that you will get death wobble as a result from worn out stock components such as those control arm bushings. I'd recommend a thorough inspection of not only the control arm bushings but also the trackbar bushings, balljoints, hub bearings and steering tie rod ends before you lift your Jeep.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
ZJboondox
1993 ZJ 

ride comfort is good but im not a noob to rough rideing, (slammed 240's and civic's) but im sure it wouldnt hurt to get the ca's shortly after the lift is installed,and i know there are alot of guys out there rideing w/o ca's on a 3.5"lift right now. but every zj is differant so i guess ill just have to take that chance
Unread 08-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
ZJboondox
1993 ZJ 

all new bushing will be replaced prior to lift
Unread 08-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #10
ZJboondox
1993 ZJ 

and i belive the iro lift comes with new trac bar and bushings with the kit. i could be wrong tho

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.