cooling.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > cooling....

Black Rhino Off Road Wheels + Free ShippingThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-03-2003, 09:14 PM   #1
f14x4

cooling....

im tryin to decide if i should convert to electric fans or if i should get the heavy duty clutch for the engine driven fan. i was thinkin about converting to the 5.9 set-up as i read about in past post, but i thik i read something about that not being good for towing? over the summer i do alot of towing ( boat, 3200 lbs. including trailor) i have to replace my rad cause there is a generously sized hole that os leakin all over, and i would like to get a better-than-stock rad if possible but i cannot find one as of yet. so i guess ill do a direct replacement for now and keep it as a consideratioon for the future, but i would like to get my engine to run a little cooler. i was told that 160 degree is to cool so i plan on swapping to a 180 degree t-stat, id like to get a little more input before i make any final decisions

i was also looking at turbocity.com and im also considering the 3 stage cooling upgrade. but i would change the 160 to an 180 t-stat because of the negative feedback iver heard abotu the 160

Last edited by f14x4; 08-03-2003 at 09:20 PM..
f14x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.