"Coolant Sensor Bad" FINALLY FIXED!!!! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > "Coolant Sensor Bad" FINALLY FIXED!!!!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #46
cata123

ok i did this and my vic works great and the error hasnt came up in 3 days, but after i did this i started getting this error on my vic ----TURN SINGAL ON--- it just keeps saying that it works fine but it pops up that msg anyone know what it means or did i mess up my vic?

cata123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #47
boeckm
2000 WJ 

Excellent post, described my exact problem and fix. As stated getting to the VIC to remove it is much harder than opening it and fixing the crack solder joint. No more coolant sensor bad alarm. THANKS
boeckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #48
jonathaneugene

I feel big pictures are warranted for this...

Here's what I found:

Here's what I did about it:

After two car starts the message hasn't come up. It might be a bit premature to say the "coolant sensor bad" is fixed, but the outcome looks promising.

It might also be worth mentioning that I didn't remove the plastic that is above the glove box as to do such requires the drilling out of two rivets. I just didn't want to deal with that. Carefully pulling back the VIC plastic with all of the other trim removed worked for me.

Finally, to all the noobies out there, take heart in knowing that this was my first soldering project. If I can do it, you likely can too
jonathaneugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #49
rarefaction

Many thanks,

I did this fix at the weekend and before this the coolant sensor bad message came up every time I drove the car. It has not come on since, thanks again.

Paul
rarefaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 11:56 PM   #50
testify
1996 ZJ 

Is there a fuse I can pull to turn off the VIC until I can attempt to fix the problem?

And does the fuse run anything else besides the VIC?
testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #51
rarefaction

There is a fuse for the VIC but display but it controls other circuits which you need to have operational so you will just have to put up with the error until you get round to fixing it. It is not too bad a job, took me less than 2 hours in total.
rarefaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #52
TernekusM
1998 ZJ 

Is there a forum somewhere that shows how to pull this thing out? My friend and I are going to solder it soon. I just don't want it to more complicated than it has to be.
TernekusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #53
Taylor20
1998 ZJ 

Does anyone know if this works on a '98?
Taylor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #54
jimebeans
1998 ZJ 

seen this post today, lets just say.....that damn beep has finally met its match!! so i hope i just pulled out my VIC and sure enough there were 4 solder joints broken. im keeping my fingers crossed, but am quite certain ive taken care of it. Thanks for the great post!!
jimebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #55
Bogie
2005 WK 

I did the reflow on the solder joints but still get the coolant sensor bad will investigate further might just by pass with a resistor. My question is what should be lit on the VIC with a 4.0 & NP239 ? Just the wheels lit,it does say Lo when put into Lo but in Full time should it say Full time ?
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #56
straight-pipe
2007 JK Wrangler 

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but Thanks! I will give this a go this week. I had the washer sensor AND rear tail light flashing. I'll post my results.
Unread 12-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #57
E-Racer
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarefaction View Post
There is a fuse for the VIC but display but it controls other circuits which you need to have operational so you will just have to put up with the error until you get round to fixing it. It is not too bad a job, took me less than 2 hours in total.
That's strange. I replaced my VIC with one I found at a salvage yard. It started working, but Died a week later of working. I checked the fuses, all were good. Then tried 6 other salvaged VICs. The same problem appeared with all of them, the display wouldn't light up or work. So I just kept the first salvaged VIC part. I'm thinking it's an electical wiring problem. Is there a power wire I can check to see make sure the VIC is getting power?
E-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 05:52 AM   #58
MuddSlutt
2001 WJ 

I fixed mine this way and it worked
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #59
testify
1996 ZJ 

I hadn't driven my ZJ since August, and after getting it back on the road this week, the VIC is working properly- its a miracle! I wonder how long this will last?

*crosses fingers*
Unread 12-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #60
kinglewy
1996 ZJ 

just read all these posts im going straight to the vic and checking them joints , hopefully its not too hard to get too , i had my radio out the other day so hopefully it should easy

oh and back from the dead posts are the best ones, it shows that they actually are used to help people, i cant see why someone would moan about this when its helping so many happy jeep owners!!!
kinglewy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.