I feel big pictures are warranted for this...
Here's what I found:
Here's what I did about it:
After two car starts the message hasn't come up. It might be a bit premature to say the "coolant sensor bad" is fixed, but the outcome looks promising.
It might also be worth mentioning that I didn't remove the plastic that is above the glove box as to do such requires the drilling out of two rivets. I just didn't want to deal with that. Carefully pulling back the VIC plastic with all of the other trim removed worked for me.
Finally, to all the noobies out there, take heart in knowing that this was my first soldering project. If I can do it, you likely can too