"Coolant sensor bad" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > "Coolant sensor bad"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONS

Unread 09-30-2005, 06:27 PM   #1
Rock1127

"Coolant sensor bad"

My display has been flashing this for a good month now, ever since I had a problem with the coolant system on my 1993 ZJ.

The temperature gauge works fine, and I believe if it were the sensor in the resevoir, it would say "Coolant level sensor bad", because I think I remember it flashing that before, but I could be wrong. I haven't gone to any further lengths to test the level sensor, so it may very well be this one, but I thought I would ask and see if anyone here knew off the top of their head which one it may be referring to.

Again, the message is "Coolant Sensor Bad", and it flashes about 5 minutes after the car is started.

TIA.

Rock1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2005, 09:17 PM   #2
bgmoss28

I had the same problem after having the condenser and accumulator replaced on my Jeep. Turns out, the mechanic disconected the lead to the coolent sensor and tucked it underneath the reservoir. Needless to say, I was not too happy about them trying to stiff me for another $200 to replace it...

When I pluged everything back in, that error message went away immediatly, so my guess is that the message does have something to do with your coolant sensor. I didn't have to replace mine, but it didn't seem like it would be more than about a 10 minute job.

Good luck!
bgmoss28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.