Coolant Level Low??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Coolant Level Low???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 01-25-2005, 08:57 PM   #1
Jay Arno

Coolant Level Low???

So my overhead console went crazy acouple days ago, saying the coolant level was low....now it's fine. It was a cold night/morning could that be it. I haven't been able to check. I'll check it tomorrow.

Jay Arno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 09:08 AM   #2
coolest_Stan

even if it is low, its an easy easy easy easy fix. im a n00b and I fiex it all by myself on my first try. Just mix it 50/50 water/coolant soultion
Then pour it into the right tank. And you can find the correct tank, if it is in the upper left hand corner, or if it has "full" and "add" on the sides of it. You probably odnt need this but I figured I would just help some n00bs out
coolest_Stan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 09:21 AM   #3
mr_user

Your check would determine whether or not the sending unit is going bad. If the coolant is easily full, your sending unit might need replacement. It is not difficult, and pretty cheap IIRC.

Keep in mind though those things have a pretty low threshold, and flash the "idiot lights" easily. In other words, what may look like full to you may be considered too low by the ECU.

Also Stan, the days of mixing coolant with water are over. Most coolants come pre 50/50 mixed with distilled water from the factory. When you are coolant shopping, be sure to closely read the ingredients on each bottle you will be surprised. For some reason the $8 Prestone has the exact same ingredients as the $3 "Car And Driver" brand..

New: '02 WJ Limited 4.7L, Stock for now
mr_user is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 05:16 PM   #4
Animal Mother

My jeep is always telling me my coolant level is low and rarely is it ever past the "ADD" mark. Is something wrong with the wiring because this is extremely agrivating.
Unread 01-26-2005, 07:08 PM   #5
coolest_Stan

it needs to be PAST the add mark! so fill it!
and mine is 50/50, just look on the back of the bottle, and it should say
coolest_Stan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.