Converted the front drive shaft from CV to U... vibration... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Converted the front drive shaft from CV to U... vibration...

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 08-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #46
Tigersan

1998 ZJ 

Well it only shows I didn't read it all. But don't tell me that U joints vibrate naturally, because i had 96 4.0 that had ujoints from factory and they didnt vibrate...
And honestly, to me having a car with vibrating shafts is a total misunderstanding. I naturally assumed that if a company offers their services, they sell products
that dont vibrate, creating totally useless state of the vehicle... Unless you only put it in an offroad rig, that you dont use daily and dont exceed speeds of 50mph.
I feel that should be more clearly stated.

Unread 08-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #47
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigersan View Post
. . . But don't tell me that U joints vibrate naturally, .
They do. That's why CV joints exist in the first place. The natural vibration association with a U-joint is amplified when its transmitting power (as it does with the NP249 t-case).
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #48
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

This is why keeping all joints in good repair is critical and making sure your pinion angle is correct.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #49
Tigersan

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
They do. That's why CV joints exist in the first place. The natural vibration association with a U-joint is amplified when its transmitting power (as it does with the NP249 t-case).
Then my previous jeep refused to agree with what you are saying. Lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.